MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100 & Protools

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas BM100 & Protools
by on Jul 10, 2007 at 12:30:07 pm

Hi,

Maybe this is a Protools forum question but anyway i'm a M100 guy. I'm in the PAL world and working for the first time of my life on a NTSC project (documentary shooted in Bolivia). I just finished audio mixing in Protools LE 6.9.2 with external syncing (canopus ADVC 110) and everything was perfect about audio/video sync there. The problem is that the Bounce file from PT (final mix) when imported in M100 project loose progresively synchronisation during playback. It's perfect the first seconds and become terrible ath the end of the movie (52 minutes long) with about 3 seconds of desync. It sounds like a frame rate problem i guess but i just don't understand where it comes from. It's a regular DV NTSC 29,97 project and the PT operator did not configure anything particular in PT because everything was just right after OMF import. I just don't know anything about NTSC configs.

I'm in a hot deadline, every help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thomas B

Return to posts index

Joe RugbyRe: M100 & Protools
by on Jul 10, 2007 at 4:18:27 pm

Could it be a drop frame (29.97fps) versus a non-dropframe (30fps) issue?

L.O.A.

Return to posts index

Thomas BRe: M100 & Protools
by on Jul 10, 2007 at 4:45:54 pm

Maybe, but the "the progressice desync" is so huge (3 sec at the end of the timeline) that it's more like a 25 to 30 fps gap. I just can't figure it out at the moment and con't see any special settings for NTSC in PT ???

Thomas B

Return to posts index

FlohRe: M100 & Protools
by on Jul 10, 2007 at 4:54:34 pm

When calculating it (29.97 vs 30 frames) you end up exactly with a frame difference of 93.6 frames at the end of a 52 min program (52*60*29.97 vs 52*60*30).

Return to posts index

Thomas BRe: M100 & Protools
by on Jul 10, 2007 at 5:34:53 pm

Thanks Floh for this. So it could be that. I just talked to a technician that explained me that it's a typical sync problem when using internal clock of the mac rather than external (USD). What i don't understand is that i never had any problem in PAL mode. It sounds like thatHe told me also about this function i didn't know in PT which is Bounce to Quicktime that can help. I'll give a try.

Thanks

Thomas B

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]