MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Anyone using the AVCHD video format?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave CrowtherAnyone using the AVCHD video format?
by on Jul 7, 2007 at 11:03:33 pm

Hi Folks-

Anybody here using the AVCHD format (from Panasonic and others) with their M100 systems? Is there a workflow for it with Media 100? I've been considering getting a Panasonic HSC-1 camera and am looking for feedback from the real world out there.

Thanks-

Dave Crowther
Counterbalance Production
Seattle, WA

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Anyone using the AVCHD video format?
by on Jul 8, 2007 at 5:33:17 pm

Sony have just given their release conference in America for the XDCAM EX due out at the year end. I have loads of pictures and it looks based on the Z1 but 'chunkier' at the rear. Proper lens as we knew, bigger chips (less DOF) but looks like the same viewfinder.

The cards are said to be 25% cheaper than the Panny P2 with XDCAM performance. My big question is how do we get the video onto Media 100 HD? Floh, any ideas? Presumably there will be a reader for the files but what then?

Return to posts index

David C.Re: Anyone using the AVCHD video format?
by on Jul 10, 2007 at 1:18:48 pm

Is anybody using camera or deck that use a HDMI connector? Please reply and also let me know if support for this is something you are interested in on Media 100.

Dave

Return to posts index

TomGillenRe: Anyone using the AVCHD video format?
by on Jul 11, 2007 at 9:58:46 pm

Dave,
I've got a Sony V1 and am using the HDMI connector to view footage. would love to be able to have an HDMI input to the Media100

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]