MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

100i Will Not Output To Tape??????

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Cahill100i Will Not Output To Tape??????
by on Jul 6, 2007 at 8:14:09 pm

I'm at the end of my rope, here. What's up with it???? Firewire to my DSR500 and it will not record anything from Master To Tape command. Everything looks right, time code is swirling in my camera, but there's no video recorded to tape.

This is my back-up work-around, and it's not working. PLEASE, please, please help me.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: 100i Will Not Output To Tape??????
by on Jul 6, 2007 at 8:19:00 pm

Can you see video "through" the deck while playing back a timeline? Does the system recognize the deck correctly? Is the deck V input set to DV? Did you choose a correct DV setting in Codec settings (the selected DV format has an effect on what

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: 100i Will Not Output To Tape??????
by on Jul 6, 2007 at 8:23:53 pm

Hi Matt,

When you open the master to tape window, is the DV checkbox at the top engaged?

Without this everything works but without an AV signal. I know I have missed it from time to time!

K

Return to posts index

Matt CahillRe: 100i Will Not Output To Tape??????
by on Jul 6, 2007 at 8:35:26 pm

Thank you,

Argh! I'm recording back to my camera. It's a DSR500, I've digitized footage from it, and it's worked just fine.

I did check the DV check box, and I also made double sure of the input settings. It's it set to DVCAM, and M100 DV Control. The AV still isn't going back to the camera. Though it's behaving just as though it should, it rewinds the tape, and I see the time code in the viewfinder of the camera. But, there's no video recorded to tape. I just don't get it. . .

Is any of this make sense?

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 6, 2007 at 8:50:49 pm

Correction: the camera is recording through the camera. It's not taking the signal through the FW, but it is taking the start and stop command. FW is not sending the AV but is sending the start and stop like a remote start/stop button.

Changing the VTR Trigger on my deck to External, maybe. . .

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: 100i Will Not Output To Tape??????
by on Jul 6, 2007 at 9:06:01 pm

Hi Matt,

I'm sorry, but I have to ask, are you sure your 500 is capable of recording input from the firewire connector?

All the manuals I have looked at on the net have the 500's firewire down as output only.

The only other way to check M100i is outputting video over the DV out would be to connect it to another device, like another camera or a DVD recorder etc.

K

Return to posts index

by on Jul 6, 2007 at 9:34:22 pm

Urrrrr,

Thanks, it's a professional thing. I missed it. Sony missed it. This about the arpeligo of industrialized market driven isolationism that is, what is.

Missed it, but it didn't miss me by-a-mile.

Just to confirm: Sony DSR500 doesn't have input capabilities via FW. I can input, though, through composite and S-video. So, that's the joint. . .

Return to posts index

by on Jul 6, 2007 at 11:16:10 pm

DSR 500 doesn't input. Nothing on M100.

Thanks all,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]