MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

HDe & Multi User Log On

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Todd Thorpe
HDe & Multi User Log On
on Jul 5, 2007 at 1:57:31 pm

We just purchased the M100 HDe on Intel G5 and I'm wondering if anybody is running this with multiple user accounts on the Mac OS. I know it's probably not recommended, but I'd like to have each user have his own account and log on for the computer.

This works well on our other three M100 bays, all older versions. I've attempted to set up the HDe the same way but the Title Suite doesn't seem to like the multi-user accounts.

Any thoughts? Any one using the HDe this way? Any troubles with the Title and Effects Suites finding their respective plugins?

Thanks Gang,

Michael Todd Thorpe
Producer/Director
KUVI TV45

2 M100i's, 1 M100HD

Return to posts index

Bobby MV
Re: HDe & Multi User Log On
on Jul 5, 2007 at 3:55:55 pm

i dont switch user accounts, but i do frequently access other machines via network and the only thing i do is keep all my m100 project, timeline and bin files in a folder on the root directory of the internal hard drive, not on the desktop or in a user folder.

Macintosh HD/Projects/M100 project folder/M100 project name...

I've never have had any problems with m100 following this file organization structure. It should be ok, since all users have access to the root directory on the hard drive. again just keep all project files out of any particular user's home folders.

Return to posts index

Michael Todd Thorpe
on Jul 5, 2007 at 7:11:45 pm

Thanks, Bobby. Unfortunately, my problem has to do with the M100 running but not seeing the Effects & Title Suites plugins when logged in as anybody but the administrator, even when the other users have administration permissions...

Any other thoughts out there? Is this even doable with this version of hardware/software these days?

Thanks again, Gang...

Michael Todd Thorpe
Producer/Director
KUVI TV45

2 M100i's, 1 M100HD

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Jul 6, 2007 at 5:22:28 pm

Hmmm, I just tried it on some of our system, with Red and with Title Suite. And all of these systems seem to work well with multiple users. What kind of problems are you seeing exactly?

Floh

Return to posts index

Michael Todd Thorpe
on Jul 6, 2007 at 7:25:23 pm

Hi Floh, thanks for chiming in...

The main M100 program is working, but when I'm logged in as anything but the main User and start to edit a title I get a response saying the Title Suite plugin couldn't be found and needs to be installed. I've checked; the Title, Composite and Effects Suite plugins appear to be installed in the correct folder in the M100 application folder... unless there's somewhere else they need to be?

Like I've mentioned, I don't have this problem with the other (older) M100 versions and hardware configs, just the new HDe on Intel G5...

Michael Todd Thorpe
Producer/Director
KUVI TV45

2 M100i's, 1 M100HD

Return to posts index

Michael Todd Thorpe
on Jul 11, 2007 at 5:37:47 pm

Hi Floh,

Are you using seperate user accounts on your Mac? And you're able to edit titles while logged on as a different user?

Hmm... I wonder if I need to do something drastic like a clean OS install, and then re-install the HDe software...

Any thoughts?

Michael Todd Thorpe
Producer/Director
KUVI TV45

2 M100i's, 1 M100HD

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Jul 11, 2007 at 5:45:51 pm

[Michael Todd Thorpe] "Are you using seperate user accounts on your Mac? And you're able to edit titles while logged on as a different user? "

Yes. We normally don

Return to posts index

Michael Todd Thorpe
on Jul 11, 2007 at 5:52:10 pm

Ok, thanks Floh...

Todd

Michael Todd Thorpe
Producer/Director
KUVI TV45

2 M100i's, 1 M100HD

Return to posts index