MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Audio Levels / Volume Adjustment on a mass scale. ;-)

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AjmetzAudio Levels / Volume Adjustment on a mass scale. ;-)
by on Jul 2, 2007 at 3:17:20 am

Hi,
I read on the COW a few months back how to adjust audio levels for a number of clips simultaneously...at least I thought I read that, unless I'm getting muddled up with the Apply ColourFX to Selected Clips function I learnt about a while back.

Anyway, here I am, doing volume adjusting on the final programme...and am adjusting the volumes per clip, which is quite labourious.
I did do a search on the Cow, but couldn't find the post I remembered...

...so can anyone quickly recap how adjusting the volume in multiple clips at once is achieved? That is, if it's even possible with my old OS9 7.5 version...

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Audio Levels / Volume Adjustment on a mass scale. ;-)
by on Jul 2, 2007 at 9:44:08 am

Hi Ajmetz,

I'm trying to remember whether 7.5 has the master audio bus at the bottom of the timeline? I have a sinking feeling that it doesn't.

If it does, that can be used for global level changes and with Master audio clips, global audio EQ and effect.

K

Return to posts index

AjmetzRe: Audio Levels / Volume Adjustment on a mass scale. ;-)
by on Jul 6, 2007 at 11:56:28 pm

No master audio bus at the bottom.
I was thinking more like, how with Color FX there's that "Apply Colour FX to all selected clips" if there's a similar option for volume,so adjustments in one clip can be quickly applied to others too.

Anyway, no worries.
The really long part that needed adjusting, I just upped it in the mixer window, exported it and reimported it.
As for the rest...am being fiddly now and going through it clip at a time! =P

Return to posts index

Mark FrazierRe: Audio Levels / Volume Adjustment on a mass scale. ;-)
by on Jul 11, 2007 at 5:52:20 pm

You can apply audio EQ to multiple clips the same way as Color FX, so maybe a quick & dirty way to boost the needed clips is to create a custom EQ setting that raises the levels across the spectrum and apply that to the clips. Just a thought.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]