MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Flash Exporter Dimmed/Won't Export Flash

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Cahill
Flash Exporter Dimmed/Won't Export Flash
on Jun 24, 2007 at 6:23:34 pm

Sunday, er, last post here is from the 22nd. If someone happens to be on line at this point and knows anything about Flash exporter, and why it may be dimming out on me, how I might restore it, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Let me explain. Was working fine, have exported many movies using the .flv extention, with very good results uploaded on the web. The only thing I can think that has changed is I updated QuickTime to 7.1 (or .2?), anyway it's the most recent auto update. Now, the Flash exporter window is dimmed, and I can not check on the video or the audio check boxes.

Any input, like I say, would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Matt Cahill
Re: Flash Exporter Dimmed/Won't Export Flash
on Jun 24, 2007 at 6:25:40 pm

Oh, yeah:

OS 10.3.9
100i V8.2.3
Flash Exporter V. 7.2

Return to posts index

SoftHarbor
on Jun 24, 2007 at 7:45:11 pm

Make sure Flash is enabled in your QuickTime prefs (System Preferences)

Return to posts index

Matt Cahill
on Jun 24, 2007 at 8:54:48 pm

Hi, and thanks - I realize it's Sunday, but I reallllly have to get this in someones hands for a meeting on Monday.

I checked the QuickTime prefs, and the 'Enable Flash' is checked. Not sure if this is anything, but I also clicked on the 'mime' settings and checked the 'other video,' indicating that I wanted the QuickTime plug-in to handle Flash as well.

In the meantime, I've been trying to work-a-round the problem by exporting to iMovieHD (iLife '05), because the Flash Exporter is working there. Have tried several iterations of QuickTime exports, custom settings: Animation, 29.97 fps, million color, best, NTSC 4:3 (720x486) using the 'crop' to keep aspect ratio, being the last. When I import them into iMovieHD 05 the are all invariable squeezed like an SD signal into a wide screen. It forces the image into a letterbox despite that I've set up the project as DV (not DV wide-screen). It's driving me nuts! Also, when I import the same file into iDVD, it squeezes the footage, too.

Curious thing, I imported a tape (4:3) directly into iMovieHD and burned it using iDVD - NO problem. It looks fine and it plays back on a DVD great. Is there a setting I should be using in M100i that will give me the same result when I export?

I guess that sounds a bit confusing, and I apologize, but I need both the DVD and the Flash versions. Do appreciate the answer, like I say, I did check the QuickTime preferences in the System control panel and it is (was) set correctly for Flash.

Thanks again,

Return to posts index

Ethan Becker
on Jun 25, 2007 at 4:25:15 am

Hello Matt,

I

Return to posts index

Matt Cahill
on Jun 25, 2007 at 12:53:47 pm

Thanks Ethan,

Tried exporting by reference, and it's the same thing. When I import to iDVD or iMovie, the footage is squeezed. I can not figure out what's going on here. I am exporting from Media 100i 8.2.3 in 4:3, and when I import to the Mac programs it squeezes the footage.

Just get the feeling that somehow the updates/upgrades I've done on this machine increase the incompatability with legacy 100i system. Really frustrating.

When I first loaded the Flash Exporter, it worked fine and I could render .flv files straight out of Media 100i (QT 7.1). The Flash Exporter still works with iMovieHD (05), so I don't think the plug-in is corrupted. The only thing I can think that's changed is the recent QuickTime Updater (QT 7.2).

Any input would be appreciated. I really need to straighten this out. Thanks,

Return to posts index

Ethan Becker
on Jun 25, 2007 at 2:16:51 pm

Hi Matt,

Well, it's tough to say... there is probably something that broke in the last upgrade... pretty tough to trouble shoot. I'd try to reinstall flash, which should re-install the flv expert plug in.

Then, of course, the final ultimate solution... not a fun one, but should get you to give something to your client... I don't even want to type it here... but... Master to tape... to DV... then re-digitize it with imovie... ouch.. but it should be a temporary fix until someone can figure out what is going on with that plug in!

Best,
Ethan-

Return to posts index

John Twigt
on Jun 25, 2007 at 8:49:27 pm

I won't get into the details of your squeeze problem, but if the problem arose with the quicktime upgrade, why don't you downgrade to the previous version of quicktime?

It can be bit of an hassle but you can find some tips via Google. There is a thread with apple about this:
click here

John Twigt
Workstation BV, Amsterdam
The Netherlands
http://www.workstation.nl

Return to posts index

Matt Cahill
Re: Flash Exporter Dimmed/Won't Export Flash (F/U It Works!)
on Jun 28, 2007 at 12:26:11 am

Thank you John for the insight. I did follow the discussion, and in the process came across a really neat peice of sw! It's called Pacifist, and it allowed me to successfully DOWNGRADE from QT 7.1.5 to QT 6.5.2, and to my amazement everything seems to be functioning again. Haven't run everything through the paces yet, but my Flash Exporter lit up and I'm rendering a bunch of things I have to get out.

I hope my problems with Boris crashing on me go away, I'm hoping this downgrade gets my system stable again. I think the caveat "if it aint broke, don't fix it" is a chastening one.

Thanks, am truly grateful for the advice.

Return to posts index

John Twigt
Re: Flash Exporter Dimmed/Won't Export Flash (F/U It Works!)
on Jun 28, 2007 at 5:25:24 am

I am glad that I could help you,

good luck!

John Twigt
Workstation BV, Amsterdam
The Netherlands
http://www.workstation.nl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]