MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Error -199

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jasetowerError -199
by on Jun 22, 2007 at 7:13:43 pm

What does an error -199 mean? I archived a project's media to a hard drive and copied it back to my main array to make some revisions. I can open up all of the programs for the project just fine, but when I try to open up the media bin for the project, it begins searching for the media and then pops up an error -199 and can't open the bin. I'm using 8.2.3 in OS 10.4.8 and have never run into this before. I trashed the M100 preferences, restarted, and even ran DiskWarrior on the drive to no avail.

Any assistance on this would be GREATLY appreciated. I gotta get my edit going!

Thanks so much in advance!

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Error -199
by on Jun 22, 2007 at 7:19:25 pm

Sounds like you probably have a bad media file somewhere. Look into your Media file directory and see if there is a clip with an unusual icon.

Does digitizing clips into a new project work? Try this to see if there is a more general error with your setup.

Return to posts index

jasetowerRe: Error -199
by on Jun 22, 2007 at 7:40:48 pm

Thanks for the quick response Floh! I checked all the media files for that project and none of them have a strange icon. I also created a new project and digitized some media into the bin and had no problems. What's so strange is that it will let me open up the programs for that project and play them just fine. It's just that bin that's giving me the problems. I even copied the file for that bin from my backup drive to replace the file on my main hard drive to see if that file was corrupt, but I got the same error. Very strange!

Return to posts index

jasetowerFIXED IT!
by on Jun 22, 2007 at 7:59:46 pm

Floh, thanks for your suggestion about a corrupt media file. Although I couldn't find any strange icons, I looked at the name of the file that came up during the media search when the system would hang up and give me the error. I found the media file and tried opening it in quicktime player and got an error message too. So, I deleted the file from the media directory, attempted to open the bin, and VOILA! It opened up!

Thanks so much for your expertise and quick response Floh!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved