MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

HDcam into M100HD

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack MorganHDcam into M100HD
by on Jun 20, 2007 at 10:03:44 pm

I'm thinking about upgrading to M100HD but I am wondering what the workflow is from Sony's HDcam. Does M100 have a codec that supports HDcam? Thanks

jmorgan
DeadLine Productions
Houston, Texas

Return to posts index

Bobby MVRe: HDcam into M100HD
by on Jun 21, 2007 at 4:49:31 am

to answer simply: yes.

media100HD is a capable of controlling, capturing, editing and mastering back to HDCAM decks with no problems at all. You can select from a variety of codecs depending on your quality and drive space requirements. Compared to SD, HD files take up more space and require more CPU support to process the media, so i hope you have considered a newer computer as part of your upgrade process. You also may want to have an HD monitor to replace your SD preview monitor.

Media100 is fully functional on all of apples current lineup of computers being sold, so your upgrade path should be a relatively simple process.

Even if you purchase media 100 producer (for a macbook pro) you can still capture HDCAM footage as Standard-Def DV through the deck's firewire output to cut an offline that can be used to recapture online the HD version at a desktop machine

If you will still be cutting a lot of SD from analog sources, like BetaSP I recommend getting the media100 HDe. It has both analog and digital inputs making it more flexible to edit from legacy machines and the newer, all digital ones being sold today.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: HDcam into M100HD
by on Jun 21, 2007 at 2:23:15 pm

[Jack Morgan] "I'm thinking about upgrading to M100HD but I am wondering what the workflow is from Sony's HDcam. Does M100 have a codec that supports HDcam? Thanks
"

There are various codecs you can use for HDCam, including Uncompressed, MJPEG B and DVCProHD, depending on your needs and drive speeds.
There is no "native" HDCam codec, but there is no other NLE out that supports HDCam natively (only Sony XPri did, but this is not available anymore).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]