MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Export to AE

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave SimpsonExport to AE
by on Jun 20, 2007 at 7:23:57 pm

Hi All,

I have exported a series of short programs to After Effects using the "Edit/Export to" command. I get a series of "program name".xml files. Some of them seem to just end prematurely in After Effects with the last 15 or 20 seconds missing. I re exported the same programs as reference movies and that seems fine. I was just curious as to what could be the problem. I am using AE 7 on a G5 but the Media 100 i 8.2.3 resides on a G4 with the external drives networked.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dave Simpson

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Export to AE
by on Jun 20, 2007 at 7:29:51 pm

Maybe it is a bug in the AE exporter component. Did you install the newest version (the one that shipped with V8.2.3a) into the AE Plugins folder?

Return to posts index

Dave SimpsonRe: Export to AE
by on Jun 21, 2007 at 2:02:29 pm

Greetings Floh,

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried deleting the AE plug in that was residing in the plug ins folder, then tried to install the one currently available at the Media 100 website. When Installing it I get an error stating that it can't find any After Effects folder even when I point it directly to the AE 7 folder or the Plug Ins folder. The Media 100 web site it says that it is for AE 6 and later But the plug in is actualy called the M100 OS X Plug-In for AE 6. I wonder if that's the problem.

I can certainly work around this, but thought I would see if anyone else had run into this.
I wonder if someone emailed me a copy of the plug in I cold just drop it into the folder and see if that does it?

Thanks

Dave SImpson

dave.simpson@cogeco.com

Return to posts index

by on Jun 21, 2007 at 2:09:44 pm

Take a look into your Media 100 i application folder. There should be an AE exporter plugin folder

Return to posts index

by on Jun 21, 2007 at 2:17:50 pm

Ah HAH! As you guessed I was trying to install it to Plug ins in AE. I just ran it on The G4 and it found it's way into the correct folder.
Strange that it even worked at all without anything in that folder before.

Thanks again for the Help Floh.

cheers

Dave Simpson

Return to posts index

by on Jun 21, 2007 at 2:19:36 pm

The PlugIn in the Media 100 i folder needs to be copied (manually by you) from the Media 100 folder into the correct AE folder!!! Don

Return to posts index

by on Jun 21, 2007 at 3:30:32 pm

Okay, Thanks for the follow up. I'll do that and test everything on my next export this afternoon.

cheers

Dave Simpson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]