MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Canon HV10 HDV

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ethan BeckerCanon HV10 HDV
by on Jun 13, 2007 at 1:52:41 am

Hi Gang,

Ok, I'm loading up my new Macbook Pro 17" 2.33... yes, I bought it 1 day before Apple announced the 2.4 Ghz...

I'm trying to get my Canon HV10 HDV to work with M100 11.6.1. All works well with iMovie for testing. am I missing something with M100 to get it to work? any special settings or plug ins.. or do we know it's not compatible, so I can stop messing with it. If it 's not, I can digitize with imovie and then import the video files. But I'd rather go direct.

any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Canon HV10 HDV
by on Jun 13, 2007 at 10:54:58 am

Media 100 does not handle HDV as such (there are suggestions that they are working at it) but what I do is either let the Sony deck downconvert to DV (does a brilliant job) and then you can acqire via firewire into Media 100 or up convert your HDV material to un compressed HD through the splendid Convergent Design HD-Connect. This will then send your HD into Media 100 through SDI. There is no way that you can then master back to HDV from Media 100 direct but then do you want to? Also Media 100 does a very good downscale from HD to DV with options on aspect ratios also. Most people seem to think that it is preferable to get out of HDV for editing and post.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved