MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

newer version Media 100 message

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaynewer version Media 100 message
by on Jun 12, 2007 at 12:36:00 am

I had two Maxtor drives that had the same volume creation date. This was causing confusion for Media 100, so I backed up the material off of one of the Maxtor's onto a third drive and reformated the Maxtor. Then I moved the media back onto the Maxtor. Now, whenever I try and play this footage I get the following message:

"Could not play because the media was recorded with a newer version of Media 100i. Stopped at blah, blah, blah..."

Folks this is A LOT of footage, it would take days to redigitze...

Has anyone gotten this message before, anyone have any ideas for a work around.

FYI audio clips seem to be unaffected, haven't come across any audio tracks that had a problem playing back yet, it's just the video media and it's just the stuff that got moved (backed up) off of the Maxtor...

2nd FYI, I tried disconnecting the problem Maxtor drive and re-connected the third drive where I had backed the media up to. I get the same problem.

thanks in advance for your advice.

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: newer version Media 100 message
by on Jun 13, 2007 at 8:01:23 pm

The newer version complaint typically comes from drives that aren't fast enough to play your media. Make sure you didn't format the volume with journaling turned on.

Return to posts index

CleverMonikerRe: newer version Media 100 message
by on Jun 14, 2007 at 2:01:05 pm

Yeah, what he said. Test the theory by moving just a couple of files to your MacHD and see if they work from there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved