MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

More HDe issues

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David IsskoMore HDe issues
by on Jun 10, 2007 at 11:06:38 pm

I am discovering more problems with my PAL HDe on my 8 core MacPro.
The composite video output to my monitor sometimes switches to video output whilst acquiring but most of the time I have a green or blue screen. Once acquired, I can see the video output on playback perfectly. The 'monitor' image on the computer screen as part of the M100 UI displays everything being acquired just fine.

Additionall, batch acquire was a waste of time last week with hash as video but with proper audio. So manual acquiring was my afternoon's job.

Acquiring high chroma saturated video images from other sources such as DD, Digi Bata, DVCAM causes M100 to capture with chroma breakup on playback although the original video footage was fine and solid. The chroma may have been strong, like a higly distinctive workman's flouro (red or green) coat that is vey visible from the distabce. Bright red danger sign that has a deep rich red colour to it but was in perfect condition played back from other video sources.

Not too good at the moment.

Any suggestions??
David Isko

Return to posts index

Andy TaplinRe: More HDe issues
by on Jun 12, 2007 at 9:38:02 am

Sorry to hear about your issues. I'm thinking of making the move to HDe and I'm also PAL based. Could it be that PAL is the poor relation to NTSC? In the past SD M100 PAL has been rock solid.

Return to posts index

CleverMonikerRe: More HDe issues
by on Jun 14, 2007 at 2:29:48 pm

Honestly, because of the weak dollar and it's reasonable price, my understanding is that M100 has sold a lot of systems in the PAL part of the world. Thus, I would think that they just couldn't get away with ignoring it.

I'm sure if Floh was having trouble with PAL on M100, we'd hear about it.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: More HDe issues
by on Jun 14, 2007 at 2:40:02 pm

[CleverMoniker] "I'm sure if Floh was having trouble with PAL on M100, we'd hear about it."

Definitely. The systems work fine for us in PAL.

Return to posts index

Scott_F Media 100Re: More HDe issues
by on Jun 12, 2007 at 1:38:53 pm

Hi David,
I'm going to assume you are on 11.6.1? 11.6.2 should be released soon. Try that and see if you're still having the same issues while you're acquiring with your video output.

Scott F
Media 100/Boris Fx

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved