MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Trying to evaluate Producer

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JIm Wilcox
Trying to evaluate Producer
on Jun 10, 2007 at 6:36:28 pm

I have installed the eval version of Producer, but when I try to fire up I get the splash screen I hit continue and the software just crashes. There is no error message. I did have a very early version of the software on this same box, right when it first came out, before it was called "producer". I suspect perhaps that is why I might not be able to run the evaluation software, but I am not sure. Any suggestions? I am running 10.4.8 QT 7.1.5 on a G5.

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Trying to evaluate Producer
by
on Jun 10, 2007 at 7:16:41 pm

[JIm Wilcox] "I have installed the eval version of Producer, but when I try to fire up I get the splash screen I hit continue and the software just crashes. There is no error message"

By "crashes", do you mean it disappears? Or does there happen anything else? Does the CrashReporter come up? Is there something written to the Console Log or system Log, or to the Media 100 Producer Crash Log (these can be found under "Console" in Applications->utilities)?

Return to posts index

JIm Wilcox
on Jun 10, 2007 at 7:27:03 pm

Yeah, it just disappears. No crash reporter. I did look in console, but so far have not found anything. Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

Ajmetz
on Jun 12, 2007 at 2:42:26 pm

Off the top of my head...double check it's the trial version for PowerPC and not the trial version for Intel Machines....?

But sorry if that's patronising.

Return to posts index

Jim Wilcox
on Jun 12, 2007 at 3:21:51 pm

Ajmetz,

Believe me, no offense taken, but it is the PPC version. Thanks very much for weighing in. I have tried to contact M100 about it, but so far I have not heard back. Any other ideas? I am stumped...

Return to posts index

Ajmetz
on Jun 12, 2007 at 3:42:55 pm

I haven't tried to run Producer on my System, as I've only a G4, and ran into problems with previous SW demos because I didn't have enough RAM [one demo I downloaded needed at least a gig, and I only had 512mb or whatever]. So I personally, am too inexperienced to have many more suggestions, but I'm confident others on this forum, or indeed, the Media100 people you've emailed will get back to you, and provide some better advice.

Aside from that, only general knowledge type ideas - i.e. putting the old SW demo you've got in a different folder or location that won't conflict, checking there's no conflict of codecs anywhere, or trying to run/install it under a new OSX login, incase some user-preference settings are to blame. But I'm pretty ignorant, so perhaps your best bet is to wait for someone who has more experience with Producer and OSX (I'm using Media100i on OS9!) to reply to this thread.

Return to posts index

Paul  FX
on Jun 12, 2007 at 8:11:23 pm

Jim, Paul here from Boris FX/Media100 tech support. I just sent you an email with a couple of questions in response to this issue. Get back to me when you can and we can try and figure out what's going on.

thanks,
Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]