MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

getting chapter marks in Producer to go to Squeeze

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nickelgetting chapter marks in Producer to go to Squeeze
by on Jun 8, 2007 at 2:19:08 pm

Hi. Just wondering if there is a way to get chapter marks I've put on the timeline in Producer to export into Squeeze (I'm exporting as a reference file and I do have "export chapter marks" enabled). I'm using Squeeze to create FLV files for streaming.

I don't do my own DVDs yet, but I will be soon so I'd also like to know if the chapter marks will export into bitvice and/or Compressor.

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Media 100i XS 8.2.2
Dual 1Ghz G4

Return to posts index

CleverMonikerRe: getting chapter marks in Producer to go to Squeeze
by on Jun 14, 2007 at 2:15:44 pm

Check out this Knowledge Base Document from M100's Support site:

While it was all written specifically for Compressor and DVDSP, I have found that it applies to other apps as well.

The part that I think might be most relevant to your question is at the bottom under "Additional Notes and Tips":

"As of this writing, there is an issue where Chapter Marks from the program will not appear in Compressor if you have not set a Chapter Mark on the first frame of the program in Media 100 i. Typically the start of the program will get a chapter mark, and as long as this is the case, your Chapter Marks should be accurate on your DVD."

You should also take note of the section at the top about creating Compression Marks to go along with each Chapter Mark.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved