MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

How to import photos in Media 100 bins into red?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome Robbins
How to import photos in Media 100 bins into red?
on Jun 1, 2007 at 8:15:45 pm

Media 100iXR RED 2.5

I create a composition got edit in red then import a photo from some file to manipulate. How do access a photo that is already in a Media 100 bin? Is there a Library to access?
thanks,

jerome

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: How to import photos in Media 100 bins into red?
on Jun 1, 2007 at 9:22:05 pm

Hi Jerome,

If the image is in a bin, use the "media 100 bin browser" option from the "change track media" menu in RED.

Once selected you might need to set the media to loop in its properties to make sure it lasts as long as your composition.

HTH

K

Return to posts index

Jerome Robbins
on Jun 2, 2007 at 10:12:54 pm

After creating the composition, going into the Red edit mode, I do not see "change track media" or media 10 bin browser" anywhere in the pull downs.

jerome

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on Jun 2, 2007 at 10:48:27 pm

Hi Jerome,

When you launched RED there would have been two tracks set by default, the background V1 track and a text track above it.

Click on the media type of this track (the "T") and a drop down menu appears, on this list there should be "media100 Bin Browser"

Let me know if that works

K

Return to posts index

Jerome Robbins
on Jun 3, 2007 at 4:57:28 pm

Thanks for the details Kieran. I will use this more often. You were right about the clip being too short for the composition length I want. How do I set a loop or extend it?
thanks,

jerome

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on Jun 3, 2007 at 6:29:12 pm

Hi Jerome,

On the track you've set as the imported clip, click the triangle to expand the track. You should now see three extra tracks, a mask track, the transitions track and the face track at the bottom. Click on this lower face track and the controls window will change to the face controls.

Here you can set the loop plus other useful things like the field order etc.

The face controls are especially useful when you use the text generator, as the face controls allow you to do things like type on, jitter, and all that sort of fun stuff.

K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]