MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

HDe crashing on transitions

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Issko
HDe crashing on transitions
on Jun 1, 2007 at 6:17:59 am

No matter which codec I use, just previewing a transition between 2 good pieces of media, M100 disappears to the desktop without warning.
I cant even preview the transition.

Version 11.6.1 Intel on MacPro dual 3Ghz 4G RAM all file sharing OFF etc as per install instructions. Cut only editing at the moment.

I even trashed M100, reinstalled 11.6 then 11.6.1 updater without luck.
Tried with new preferences. Still no good.

No unnecessary software packages loaded up either. Trying to keep the system as basic as possible.

Any thoughts???

David Issko

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: HDe crashing on transitions
by
on Jun 1, 2007 at 8:00:23 am

2 ideas about this:
- When installing the hardware, did you adjust the PCI-Express lanes as suggested? I did not know about this when setting up our system, and we had some strange problems. Setting the lanes correctly did fix it.
- Get in contact with Media 100 support. I heard rumors that they are working on a small update to fix some things, and maybe you can get a beta copy to see if your problem is fixed. If not it definitely should get into the next update.

Btw., is a crash report generated when the application disappears? If yes, do you send them to M100 via the BugReporter that opens? Include your email-address in these reports, and I would guess that somebody will contact you.

Return to posts index

david issko
on Jun 1, 2007 at 8:40:21 pm

yes,

replied to lots of bug reports instantly generated with the nice ladybug image.

should have included my email but i can easily do that again - unfortunately - or should i say fortunately as its easirt to diagnose this bug rather than an intermittent one.

pardon my ignorance Floh, but what is the correct adjustment for the PCI express lane fore the HDe board?

thanks very much for your suggestions.

david c says in his kind reply that 11.6.2 will be out very soon and may help my problem.

i will keep everyone informed.

oh well, back to simple cuts only editing.....

Return to posts index

David C.
on Jun 1, 2007 at 1:04:57 pm

Dave,

Are you using the 8-core machines? If you are we have a fix for this for 11.6.2 which is gold candidate and should be released in a few days.

Dave

Return to posts index

david issko
on Jun 1, 2007 at 8:31:46 pm

yes dual 3ghz, 8 core MONSTER!

11.6.2 sounds VERY good. hope it helps.

i will be on the lookout

thanks very much
david issko

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Jun 1, 2007 at 8:33:50 pm

Okay, for the 8Core you need to disable 4 processors if you want to work right now. Download the CHUD tools from Apples website and install them. Then you will have a Processor Preference, where you can turn off 4 cores.
The upcoming version should fix this.

Return to posts index

Denali
on Jun 1, 2007 at 8:46:30 pm

I ran into a similar thing with a legacy program which I had brought into HDe. It seemed
to crash when it either hit a transition or a clip that had color fx. It seemed to work fine after I switched from 8 core to 4 core and then I re-rendered (force rendered) the transitions and color fx and titles(which by the way is amazingly fast on the new system). Also I copied the media from the old program into a new program.

I also noticed that after I rerendered all the clips the 8 core seemed to work fine. Though I have kept in on 4 core just to be safe (and it seems like there is a fix on the way).

Return to posts index

David Issko
on Jun 2, 2007 at 7:00:41 am

just sifting through other posts, I came across your solution for another poster not so long ago.

Thanks for that. I might just do that if I really need to do transitions, otherwise I will wait the few days till 11.6.2 comes out.

Thanks again Floh
David Issko

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]