MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Orphaned Titles

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aurienOrphaned Titles
by on May 25, 2007 at 12:52:42 pm

I have a M100i project with perhaps two dozen titles produced in Boris RED which just lost track of all their renders. It would be helpful to know why, but the fix was to re-open the titles one-by-one in the Edit Suite after clicking Edit and opening Boris RED, just click apply and re-render in the Edit Suite once Boris RED closed. Simple. But now the M100i Program is convinced that it has orphans and goes looking for them whenever I open the Program. How can I make it forget the past and deal with what is there? The orphan-searching is even odder because it uses the name "Unknown File" as it searches, then concludes it isn't there and goes on searching for yet another Unknown File.

At the same time about a dozen or so sound effects had lost their media connections and it was simple enough to use Replace Media to re-connect the clips with their sources (thanks Floh), then delete the orphans in the bin so the system would stop looking for their media. But there's no bin for the titles created in RED, or at least not one in the M100i sense. The only files--other than Boris compositions--used in the titles are short video clips and that M100i bin opens fine and nothing there is orphaned.

Any thots on why this happened (something got erased?) or how to convince Mom100i that her RED children are gone so she'll stop looking?

Mac G4
M100i 8.2.3
Boris RED 4.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved