MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Graffiti/Producer Crashing

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Videoguy
Graffiti/Producer Crashing
on May 22, 2007 at 7:50:40 pm

I am a long time Media 100 XS user that just moved up to a Mac Pro 2.66 and am trying out Producer. All works well except when using the "settings" window in Graffiti. The cursor gets nervous and will suddenly crash the entire Producer program when I randomly access a setting or try to preview it. Don't know if this is a known issue or possibly a memory problem. I have two gigs of ram with 10.4.9 with a Raptor boot drive. Have seen no other issues with this new computer.
Thanks

Return to posts index

SoftHarbor
Re: Graffiti/Producer Crashing
on May 23, 2007 at 1:15:10 am

What's a nervous cursor?
If Producer crashes and you get the dialog to send the crash log to M100, make sure you do so and fill in the form that says what you were doing before the crash. I think they are planning a patch release in the near future.

Return to posts index

Videoguy
on May 23, 2007 at 1:34:30 am

Once the thumbnails load in the Graffiti settings window, the cursor starts doing a little dance when selecting one for preview. This is when I often get the crash. I have made two bug reports. Just wonder if having Producer and Graffiti settings open demands more than two gigs of ram.

Return to posts index

SoftHarbor
on May 23, 2007 at 3:44:53 am

More RAM wouldn't hurt, but I doubt that having "only" 2G is causing that. I think that some problems with the interface to Graffiti and Red are being fixed in the next update; you could contact M100 and see if you can get on the beta list.

Return to posts index

Videoguy
on May 23, 2007 at 3:39:30 pm

I talked with M100 yesterday and they indicated no known isssues with Graffiti. Since I am on a two week trial, I am not a good canidate for a beta. Not being able to access the Graffiti settings is a deal breaker, so I will have to wait fora solution before considering a purchase of Producer.
Thanks for the comments.......if I do get a solution I will post it.

Return to posts index

David C.
on May 23, 2007 at 6:24:56 pm

I know this doesn't help you right now, but we are working on a 11.6.2 version which does fix some issues with Graffiti, FX and RED. This version is expected to be released in about 2 weeks. Sorry about the mix up of information. We'll try to reproduce this at the office, if you do crash and get the bug reporter window, make sure you submit this to us and type in crash from COW Videoguy so we know it's your problem.

Thanks and sorry for inconvenience
Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]