MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Orphaned Audio - How to Fix

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aurien
Orphaned Audio - How to Fix
on May 22, 2007 at 7:07:24 pm

I have a project with perhaps two dozen sound effects and the entire Sound FX bin has gotten de-linked with its relevant media. Each audio clip in the program time line has been trimmed, placed in precisely the right location, and had volume adjustments to respond to how it matches the video. So just reimporting the clips will mean a lot of work making all those changes again. Relinking (including with exhaustive relink clicked) doesn't do the trick. However, I have successfully imported each audio clip into the same bin with the orphaned audio clips, so they are all available to me.

How can you re-point a trimmed, placed, adjusted, equalized clip from the program timeline to the media it is supposed to use? Am I left deleting the clips from the time line and starting over?

Say it ain't so, Joe

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Orphaned Audio - How to Fix
by
on May 22, 2007 at 8:01:19 pm

[aurien] "How can you re-point a trimmed, placed, adjusted, equalized clip from the program timeline to the media it is supposed to use? Am I left deleting the clips from the time line and starting over?"

While you cannot really relink to different media files there is a workaround you can use (assuming you re-imported the original audio files).
Let

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]