MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Bin clip doesn't match media played

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob DuncanBin clip doesn't match media played
by on May 21, 2007 at 10:55:18 pm

When I look at the bin, I see all my (seemingly correct) video thumbnails, and see also that the media is listed as present.

When I play it, I get a completely different video track, with the correct audio track underneath.

If I select 'show media in finder', I am presented with a media clip that is orphaned (ie. no supporting audio clip, though the clip does play sound in the edit suite).

Now, I looked at a source file nearby that was next to in in timecode (guessing by the naming convention of the media), and lo and behold, it's my clip.

First - any thoughts as to what is causing these bin ghosts?

Second - is there any easy way to relink bin and media? Earlier, this same haunted bin though that 4 video clips went offline (they are connected directly to the computer via FW800), and then after a brief panic, they came back on their own.

I'd appreciate any insight. Perhaps I just need to give myself and the software and well-earned break.

Return to posts index

David C.Re: Bin clip doesn't match media played
by on May 22, 2007 at 3:12:54 pm

Check your drive creation dates. If you have 2 drives that are created at the very exact time as each other (say-if you create an array of multiple partitions) this could cause this problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved