MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Help!

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
topher944Help!
by on May 21, 2007 at 4:46:25 pm

I "saved a program as" new name and began working on a new graphic. I let the graphic render over nite (boris fx) and came in today and the graphic plays fine(computer was still on from nite before) but when I try to save/close the program M100 says it cant save/close the file because the file cannot be found. What did I do? How do I cause M100 to find the files. I identified that the new program was saved to the previous project that I worked on. Do I need to move that program file to the project I'm currently working on? Any help is greatly appreciated as a deadline is soon approaching! Kind Regards, Chris K.

M100 8.2.2
OS 10.3.9

Return to posts index

topher944Re: Help Continued!
by on May 21, 2007 at 4:53:43 pm

I also opened another old program timeline to pull shots from for the new timeline. I can't save or close the old program now either. M100 won't let me shut down without crashing out of it. I haven't installed or moved anything since working on the project. Hope you have some ideas. Kind Regards! Chris K.

Return to posts index

Arthur DentRe: Help Continued!
by on May 21, 2007 at 5:35:32 pm

ok, here's a wild stab in the dark

Delete the com.media100.media100.plist file that is located in the same folder as your media 100 preferences.

A.D.

Return to posts index

topher944Re: Help Continued!
by on May 21, 2007 at 6:04:57 pm

Thanks Arthur. I hard crashed the computer - lost my render and changes I'd made today - but I'm pushing forward and have already rebuilt and made additional progress except for the 2 hour render that will take place tonite. Kind Regards, Chris K.

Return to posts index

Arthur DentRe: Help Continued!
by on May 21, 2007 at 6:09:08 pm

check make sure your mac's powersaving setting are set to extra green house gas emmissions (no sleep, no drive spin down, etc)

A.D.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Help!
by on May 21, 2007 at 7:50:04 pm

Do you save to a fileserver? I think there were some problems with Server connections that were active for some time. Try saving your files to a local drive.
Btw., as a quick workaround you can import your rendered file into your project and place it on a new "edited" timeline. Keep a backup of your master timeline with the unrendered effect, though.

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: Help!
by on May 22, 2007 at 10:35:11 am

I think that some Mac OS X revision introduced this a long time ago and it was eventually fixed in M100HD but maybe not in M100i.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]