MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

unrecoverable error message

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Denaliunrecoverable error message
by on May 21, 2007 at 2:22:08 pm

I have been working on a feature in Media 100i (g4) for the last year. I updated to HDe (on a g5) a little while ago. This morning I transferred over the media (all SD) to an internal drive on my new computer to edit on the HDe (didn't want to affect the old media which is on firewire drives).

It opens fine in HDe and plays fine and if you move the cursor within the edit suite it moves fine. But if you drag the cursor across the timeline the program will crash. Either abruptly or it will give me an "Unrecoverable Error Message" followed by a "could not complete quit command" because a memory allocation failed.

Anybody have any ideas on what is causing this and what I can do to fix this? Would much rather edit it on the HDe.

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: unrecoverable error message
by on May 21, 2007 at 3:23:15 pm

What version are you running? Do you have "scan audio" turned on? If so, try turning it off.

Return to posts index

DenaliRe: unrecoverable error message
by on May 21, 2007 at 3:28:22 pm

Scan audio is off.
I am running 11.6.1 on a G5 (10.4.9, 2x3ghz, 8 core, 4 gb ram).
The media is all in SD stored on internal built in SATA drives.
I just did a project in DVC Pro HD on the same drives so I know they are
fast enough - granted this program is an hour and a half long.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: unrecoverable error message
by on May 21, 2007 at 3:33:32 pm

We also saw some crashes on our 8Core system today, which could be related to what you are seeing (btw. I guess you are not running an 8-core G5 ;-) ). One thing you could try is to download and install the CHUD tools from Apples Developer website and turn off 4 of your CPUs with the control panel that gets installed with the CHUD tools, to see if this fixes your problem. If yes it is a workaround until this bug is fixed.
Plus, if the Media 100 BugReporter starts it definitely helps sending these bugreports to Media 100.

Return to posts index

DenaliRe: unrecoverable error message
by on May 22, 2007 at 11:12:30 am

Changing it to from the 8core to 4core definitely helped. Oddly the one program (that I wanted to open) seemed to be the only one it didn't help completely. What seemed to fix it is if I turned it to 4core, recopied it into a new 720 timeline (a suggestion by the good folks at m100) and then rendered everything - it had tons of titless, color effects and transitions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved