MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

machine control issue

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MHughesmachine control issue
by on May 15, 2007 at 7:11:42 pm

I recently had to re-install OS X Tiger (because of the 10.4.9 update) which in turn forced me to re-install Media 100i as well. In doing so, I have lost the ability to control my beta deck through Media 100. I have DQ-TimeCoder installed as it was prior to reinstallation, so I'm confused as to what could be the problem. It has to be either a configuration issue, or a hardware issue, the cable never was disconnected from the way it was previously.

Thanks in advance!
Marty Hughes

Return to posts index

FlohRe: machine control issue
by on May 15, 2007 at 7:48:39 pm

You need either a driver for your Keyspan adaptor or for your (I think) Stealth serial adaptor. The G4s don

Return to posts index

MHughesRe: machine control issue
by on May 15, 2007 at 8:11:34 pm

Thank you for your quick reply Floh! I don't think it's a port issue, because prior to having to re-install OS X Tiger, it was operating perfectly. It could be a driver issue, but DQ-Timecoder is installed... (I think that's the driver) I'll check on that though...

I had to get a new hard drive installed as well, re-installed Media 100i v 8.2.3, and now Media 100i doesn't recognize the DQ TimeCoder. The only thing that changed between working properly and not working was re-installing OSX and Media 100i. Also, I use a G5 2GHz Dual.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

FlohRe: machine control issue
by on May 15, 2007 at 8:17:53 pm

You need a DRIVER for your port. The DQTimeCoder is a plugin that does deck control, but it needs to "see" a serial port. Therefore you need the driver for your device.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]