MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Pardon my ignorance - any trick for unsyncing stereo audio from video, but maintaining the audio track sync?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ajmetz
Pardon my ignorance - any trick for unsyncing stereo audio from video, but maintaining the audio track sync?
on May 14, 2007 at 6:55:25 pm

Hi, just a couple of things I find myself doing recently.

When trying to split video from audio, I find myself unsyncing a clip, de-selecting the video, and then re-syncing the remaining two audio tracks. Is there a shortcut key that can just unsync the video from the two audio tracks, without unsyncing the audio too?

Secondly, when I've got a lot to unsync, I can select all in range, and unsync, and all my video clips are immediately unsynced. But if I select all the remaining unsynced audio, I can't sync them all back up at once, I have to go through each clip one at a time, which can take a while when you've a lot to do.

It's not a biggie, but I remember being quite impressed at the hotkey combinations that allowed me to move whole ranges of synced audio into different tracks a while back, and wondered if likewise, there might be a simple hotkey combination that can help speed up the tasks mentioned above.

So do any shortcuts exist?

Thanks in advance,

Yours,
Andrew.
P.S. Media100i 7.5 OS9

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: Pardon my ignorance - any trick for unsyncing stereo audio from video, but maintaining the audio track sync?
on May 14, 2007 at 10:37:57 pm

Hi Ajmetz,

alt-apple U "unsync only video clips", unsyncs the video whilst retaining the audio track sync, but I can't remeber if that is in 7.5 or if it came in with version 8.

As for the other, I don't think that's possible in i, but one thing I've learnt by being on these forums is never say "it can't be done" so I'm prepared to be wrong.

HTH

K

Return to posts index

Ajmetz
Re: Pardon my ignorance - any trick for unsyncing stereo audio from video, but maintaining the audio track sync?
on May 14, 2007 at 10:47:09 pm

Good to hear from you again Kieran.
=/ Unfortunately, alt+Apple+U doesn't do it on my system.
So maybe it wasn't introduced until v8, as you feared?

For the record, it's 7.5 I've got, not 7.5.1 if that makes any difference. =P

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on May 14, 2007 at 11:06:55 pm

Hi Ajmetz,

Good to hear from you too - though I did try to e-mail you a few times. Mail me sometime for a catch-up?

K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]