MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

OT: audio problem on miniDV tape

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey StonerOT: audio problem on miniDV tape
by on May 7, 2007 at 9:23:11 pm

i am a media 100 user and i apologize for the off-topic nature of this post. i thought perhaps i could plead for help.

shot an event recently with a JVC GY-DV5000. about 40 minutes into the miniDV tape playback, the audio and video began to cut out out. the video came back but the audio did not. dead silence. after about 10 minutes of this, the audio mysteriously reappears.

to my horror, this exact thing happened at an event the following weekend -- audio and video drop out, video returns but audio does not.

i'm assuming i have a had clog and that the audio is unsalvageable. but, back in the old days of analog if you had a head out of aligment, you could move the head aligmnent and salvage some of the picture / audio quality. is there ANYTHING that anyone can suggest as a last ditch effort to confirm that the audio is in fact just gone?

i was not using a wireless mic, and the on-camera mic works fine.

i'm heartbroken over this.

thanks everyone!

Return to posts index

FlohRe: OT: audio problem on miniDV tape
by on May 8, 2007 at 6:32:36 am

Did you try playing back the tape on another deck? Ideally you should try playing it back on the system that recorded the tape, since if the head is slightly misaligned chances are better that the recording deck will play back the tape okay.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved