jaesonk
Wrong "Document Kind"
on May 4, 2007 at 8:25:05 pm

Here's what happened:

I usually title my files as
CLIENT.PROJECT
CLIENT.BIN
CLIENT.PROGRAM

I accidentally started out by saving my PROJECT as CLIENT.PROGRAM, so I just did a SAVE AS and renamed it CLIENT.PROJECT. Then when I created a NEW PROGRAM and saved it as CLIENT.PROGRAM, it asked to replace/cancel and I replaced. The bin is fine.

The problem is that somehow the meta-data didn't change and the program file is showing its document kind as a project file and the Media100 refuses to open the program because of it thinks the file is a project.

How can I change the meta-data so that Media100 correctly sees this as a program file and not mistake it for a project? I'm using MacOSX10.4.9.

Thanks,
Jaeson K.

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Wrong "Document Kind"
by
on May 4, 2007 at 8:58:47 pm

[jaesonk] "The problem is that somehow the meta-data didn't change and the program file is showing its document kind as a project file and the Media100 refuses to open the program because of it thinks the file is a project."

Are you sure it is a program? I

Return to posts index

jaesonk
on May 4, 2007 at 9:11:15 pm

This is an old project that was archived and recently restored so there's no backup saved in the usual place anymore. This has happened a few other times so I recalled what must have occurred. I usually correct the problem by doing a SAVE AS to create a new program file before exiting Media100. This project must have slipped by the usual fix.

If I can change the file's meta-data, I think it will open up. The PROJECT documents are usually smaller the the PROGRAM documents. That's the case with this situation too so I'm guessing it's a PROGRAM file with just incorrect meta-data.

Jaeson K.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on May 4, 2007 at 9:14:56 pm

Then try holding COMMAND and Option while dragging the Program file on the Media 100 icon in the dock. If it is a valid program it should open up.

Return to posts index

jaesonk
on May 4, 2007 at 10:02:48 pm

Command Option dragging onto the icon won't work either. Media100 still thinks it's a project and says that a project is already open. If no project is open and I try to open the file is says there is a parameter error.

This like an uncooperative PhotoShop if the file extension isn't to it's liking, at least there's an open as or you can rename the extension correctly.

I can't find a way to edit the meta-data that determines the document kind.

If I open the program file with the text editor, it's mostly garbage characters but enough is readable to indicate that it's a program file and not a project file.

Jaeson K.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on May 4, 2007 at 10:16:59 pm

Download "Quick Change" (e.g. search for it on MacUpdate). Media 100 Programs should be Type M1pg, Creator M1SW for Media 100 sw...

Return to posts index

jaesonk
on May 4, 2007 at 10:24:58 pm

EXCELLENT! QuickChange worked its magic and the program opens up now. Thanks Floh! Have a good weekend.

Jaeson K.

Return to posts index

Mike L
on May 6, 2007 at 9:31:08 pm

Again, Floh opens his magic window.

I never even knew I needed to know such knowledge.

ML

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]