MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Keep getting ERROR exporting a video clip

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome RobbinsKeep getting ERROR exporting a video clip
by on May 2, 2007 at 2:27:35 am

Media 100xri 8.2.2, Mac OS 10.3.9 G-4 dual 1.44 Quicktime Pro flip4mac

Please respond if you have some help.
I have a 3 minute video clip in Media 100 I want to put on my website.

I have exported the clip from the timeline. I exported the video and audio separately because I was getting an error message. The audio is 37.4MB and the video is 112.7 MB. I want to get this clip down to less than 10 MB for the internet.
Because I exported the audio and video separately, how do I get them back into one compressed program?

In QTpro it just opens and then exports 1 at a time. Do I have to get them to export from Media 100 as one program? So far I keep getting an ERROR message when I try to export as a QT program and the program crashes about 1/2 way through the export. That is why I exported them separately.

Can someone explain what to do next?

Thanks,

jerome

Return to posts index

topher944Re: Keep getting ERROR exporting a video clip
by on May 2, 2007 at 4:20:13 am

Hey Jerome, Did you try exporting from M100 as a reference file? If not, try that. If you can succesfully export the movie by reference - Then open the reference file in QT and export it as an MPEG 4 compression. You'll probably have to set the quality low to get the right size. If you are going to export for the web a lot, look at On2 for flash video compression. This does one helluva job compressing for about 250 bucks. The crashing on export sounds like a corrupt media problem - but it's strange that you can export them successfully separately. I'd bet it was corrupt audio though. Had a sneaky little clip give me trouble for 2 days till I found it. Best of Luck! Kind Regards, Chris K.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Keep getting ERROR exporting a video clip
by on May 2, 2007 at 6:25:46 am

[Jerome Robbins] "Because I exported the audio and video separately, how do I get them back into one compressed program?"

Usually you would export audio and video as one QuickTime file. But since you cannot export them together without crashing you can copy audio and video together in QuickTime Player Pro (if you have QT Pro). Open both the video and audio clips, select all in the audio clip, copy the audio, go to your video movie, make sure the cursor is parked at the beginning and press CMD-ALT-V to paste into Movie. Now you have V and A together in one QuickTime, and you can now convert as you like.

Return to posts index

Jerome RobbinsIt didn't work
by on May 2, 2007 at 6:20:48 pm

Thanks for the responses.
I opened the audio and video in QT Pro. selected all and copied the audio. I made sure the video cursor was oat the beginning and pasted. What happened is the audio pasted at the beginning and pushed the video out after the audio ended. So, they are both in the same file but side by side audio first followed by the video. I want them to over lap so they run at the same time.

jerome

Return to posts index

FlohRe: It didn't work
by on May 2, 2007 at 7:31:07 pm

Yes, that

Return to posts index

Jerome RobbinsIt worked
by on May 2, 2007 at 8:53:15 pm

thanks for emphasizing how important the details are. It did work.

jerome

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]