MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

viewing exported media 100 files

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ciancian
viewing exported media 100 files
on May 1, 2007 at 2:49:06 pm

Hi guys,

This may be a simple question with a simple answer, but i havent found it yet!

I'm working on a film shoot. The video recordings of what is shot are recorded in media 100.
At the end of the day these clips are put on a hard drive, the director wants to watch these clips on his laptop. We are hoping to be able to view them without buying media 100.
I can put them in to final cut but this takes too much time to render..
Is there a program to view these clips audio and video simultaneously??

thanks,

Cian

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: viewing exported media 100 files
by
on May 1, 2007 at 5:58:49 pm

The best way would be to export the digitized clips as "Self Containted" files (they should export pretty fast) including video and audio. This way you can e.g. watch them in QuickTime player.
Another option would be to watch them in Media 100 Producer on the laptop, but of course you would need to buy a license. You could download the 14day trial version of Producer to see if this would be a viable workflow. If the director has all the material and Producer you also could email him a timeline/program file which would relink to his material; this way you could easily send over edits for approval.

Return to posts index

ciancian
on May 2, 2007 at 10:54:46 am

hey thanks, the thing is i'mbeing told by the video guys that it takes forever to export self conyained files.. is this not true?? there are about 100 clips a day of maybe 30sec to a minute lengths..

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on May 2, 2007 at 11:12:34 am

It depends on your system, HD speed, CPU speed,... but I did a short performance test right now and exporting a 1 minute clip (video and stereo audio) took under 10 seconds (QuadG5, 11.5.1 on a fast RAID). Plus, you can do a batch export e.g. of all clips in a bin via AppleScript easily.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]