MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

How to compress 3 min. for a website example

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome RobbinsHow to compress 3 min. for a website example
by on Apr 28, 2007 at 4:38:39 am

Media 100xri 8.2.2, Mac OS 10.3.9 G-4 dual 1.44 Quicktime Pro flip4mac

I have a 3 minute video clip I want to put on my website. It has been over a year since I did one of these and I have lost my notes as to how I did it in the past.

I have exported the clip from the timeline. I exported the video and audio separately because I was getting an error message. The audio is 37.4MB and the video is 112.7 MB. I want to get this clip down to less than 10 MB for the internet.

Can someone explain what to do next?

Thanks,

jerome

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: How to compress 3 min. for a website example
by on Apr 28, 2007 at 11:46:13 pm

Hi Jerome,

1. Export as by-ref.

2. Open the by-ref file in QT Pro.

3. From the file menu click export.

4. From the resulting menu select Windows Media (if that's what you want it in - might as well as you have Flip4mac)

5. Click on the options and adjust the settings to suit using the controls or the presets available.

You may want to do some tests with shorter export to get the size/quality you prefer.

HTH
K

Return to posts index

Jerome RobbinsRe: How to compress 3 min. for a website example
by on Apr 29, 2007 at 5:29:16 pm

Thanks Kieran,
Because I exported the audio and video separately, how do I get them back into one compressed program?

In QTpro it just opens and then exports 1 at a time. Do I have to get them to export from Media 100 as one program? So far I keep getting an ERROR message and the program crashes about 1/2 way through the export. That is why I exported them separately.

Jerome

jerome

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: How to compress 3 min. for a website example
by on May 2, 2007 at 5:15:25 am

I create such things on a regular basis using QT Pro's export to MPEG4, multiplexing the audio as well.

For 3 mins, you will need to experiment with a number of compression values, but I don't have any trouble with it myself.

Looks quite OK. Just find the best balance between your audio & video compression. If you can split the clip into 2, that would be better. Let us know how you fare.

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]