MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 Producer and DVD Studio Pro

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
USC FanMedia 100 Producer and DVD Studio Pro
by on Apr 25, 2007 at 1:14:58 pm

I'm having a problem with exporting my finished program out and importing into DVD Studio Pro 4. All of my Boris Red comps export out as a green frame and my dissolves appear as cuts. I'm using the new Intel version of Producer along with Boris red 4.1 and DVD Studio Pro 4.1.2

Any suggestions would be great.

James
E Media Manager
SC Baptist Convention

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Media 100 Producer and DVD Studio Pro
by on Apr 25, 2007 at 1:32:05 pm

[USC Fan] "I'm having a problem with exporting my finished program out and importing into DVD Studio Pro 4. All of my Boris Red comps export out as a green frame and my dissolves appear as cuts. I'm using the new Intel version of Producer along with Boris red 4.1 and DVD Studio Pro 4.1.2"

Which codec did you use for digitizing, and which for rendering? Did you export as by-ref or self-contained? Have you tried doing a QuickTime export to another codec?

Return to posts index

USC FanRe: Media 100 Producer and DVD Studio Pro
by on Apr 25, 2007 at 1:55:52 pm

Captured footage using DV/DVCPRO 25mbps. Rendered footage is Media100HD 8-bit.
I've tried both self contained and reference.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Media 100 Producer and DVD Studio Pro
by on Apr 25, 2007 at 2:51:02 pm

You definitely should try a QuickTime export to e.g. DVCPro50 or Media 100 i codec at a high data rate. There are various applications (including Compressor/DVDSP) that can

Return to posts index

USC FanRe: Media 100 Producer and DVD Studio Pro
by on Apr 25, 2007 at 3:04:58 pm

I tried using the export as Quicktime and it failed as well. I think I've discovered a bug and have spent an hour or more on the phone with Media 100 this morning. They are working to find where the problem is. Anyone who has performed an export to Studio Pro successfully your comments and how you did it would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Media 100 Producer and DVD Studio Pro
by on Apr 25, 2007 at 3:31:03 pm

Hi USC,

Just a shot in the dark. Try doing a "render range to bin" across the whole timeline - this should render the whole thing into one codec. If the resulting clip plays OK, try exporting that as a by ref and go into DVDSP/Compressor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]