MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media100HD crashes when opening Graffiti

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JustinMedia100HD crashes when opening Graffiti
by on Apr 19, 2007 at 10:49:36 pm

Running Media100HD 11.5.1 on a G5. OSX 10.4.6.
Everytime we make a title on the timeline and go to hit 'edit' media100 crashes and creates the bug report. I submitted it but wanted to see if there may be a simple fix for an update I'm missing. We're just using the default Boris that comes with it. Boris Red, with FX 8.0, & Graffiti 4.0.?

Did a test real quick with Boris FX and it works fine and renders.
Everything else seems to be working fine as well except for the title editor. Trashed all the preferences, restarted and still nothing. Unistalled the software and reinstalled it as well and still had the same results.

One thing that has changed recently was that we reinitailized our Xserve Raid and set it up as a raid50 again. The title editor worked before but doesn't after that. Did I forget to do something stupid or something get corrupted?

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: Media100HD crashes when opening Graffiti
by on Apr 20, 2007 at 3:34:37 am

I've seen reports that a corrupted font on your Mac can cause Red to crash. Also check the Boris website, maybe there's an update to the plugins. 11.5.1 is the latest M100 for PowerPC. It doesn't seem likely that a raid problem would cause titles to crash, but if that really was the last thing that changed...hey, check your media destinations.

Return to posts index

JustinRe: Media100HD crashes when opening Graffiti
by on Apr 20, 2007 at 4:30:32 pm

Thx. Yea I read about the font issue but we haven't installed any fonts onto it. Unless Graffiti doesn't like the default fonts that come with the OSX. I will try that out anyway.
I did check my media destination and it happens when I switch it both the HD and the XServe Raid. So that made me think it wasn't the raid either but just checking.
Went to Boris and saw updates for Graffiti. Tried to update it but said it needed the actual program, like a seperately installed version. I guess the one that comes default with the media100HD install cd isn't good enough. So the update didn't help unless I'm not looking in the right place.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved