MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

media 100i - & green screen

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vis101media 100i - & green screen
by on Apr 10, 2007 at 8:01:55 pm

Is there any way to add the chroma key effect to multiple clips. The system seems to only want to do one event at a time. Given that the background must be one frame less than the foreground, I don't see a way around this, which makes doing interviews a pain in the butt. Also, after creating the effect, you are told to use 'find media' to get the composite clip - but it doesn't bring along the audio, focing a manual sync in the timeline. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: media 100i - & green screen
by on Apr 11, 2007 at 9:09:48 am

Hi Vis

For any effects like these I create a composite in the graphics track above the clips and use Boris (FX or RED) to perform the keying. This gives you much more flexibility and gets around the problems you mention.

After rendering I then use "render range to bin" in the scripts menu, setting a range for each keyed clip. This creates a new clip (video and audio) which you also get to name which is handy for media management purposes.

HTH

K

Return to posts index

tmf100Re: media 100i - & green screen
by on Apr 11, 2007 at 3:19:07 pm

Thanks Kieran - I will try this out.

Return to posts index

vis101Re: media 100i - & green screen
by on Apr 11, 2007 at 3:28:02 pm

Thanks Kieran - will try this out.

Return to posts index

Andy TaplinRe: media 100i - & green screen
by on Apr 16, 2007 at 5:41:21 pm

Keylight in After Effects is an excellent keyer which produces great results even from DVCAM (with a pro camera and lens of course).

Much more flexible than doing it in M100.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]