MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

HDe printing problems

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim PawlickiHDe printing problems
by on Apr 5, 2007 at 12:41:46 pm

Having problems mastering to tape with Media HDe. Have a program with files that was created in 8.2 All files are present.
Only change I made to program that ran fine on 8.2 was to add a new graphic.
All is well on timeline but when I go to master to tape I get the message "cannot print because of parameter error".
This message comes up if I have the output to firewire or SDI.
Have a dual 2.3 G5 with 2 gigs of ram.
Could the problem be due to how files were acquired in prevvious version? When I start a new project and acquire I can output to tape with absolutely no problems. I hope I do not have to reacquire everything once again. It is a 30 minute documentary.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: HDe printing problems
by on Apr 5, 2007 at 1:22:07 pm

Check both your Hardware settings (video input, video standard and video output) as well as your codec and media destination settings. Sometimes when opening V8.2 projects one of these settings gets confused.

Return to posts index

Jim PawlickiRe: HDe printing problems
by on Apr 5, 2007 at 3:21:02 pm

Floh:

Thanks for the prompt answer.
I have checked all the hardware settings. Nothing special. Codec set for DV in. Video out for firewire (mastering).
Made numerous configurations and nothing works. Even used M100i codec and still no luck.
What problems does HDe have with 8.2 projects? What would confuse it?

Return to posts index

FlohRe: HDe printing problems
by on Apr 5, 2007 at 3:23:40 pm

You should definitely check your video input settings. I would guess your Media Standard is set to HD. Not the most obvious place to look, but this happened to us sometimes.

Return to posts index

Scott_F Media 100Re: HDe printing problems
by on Apr 6, 2007 at 1:14:45 pm

One other thing to check is the permissions on the files and folders for you Media. Most of the time I run into issues with Media from another system is permission related.

Scott F
Media 100/Boris Fx

Return to posts index

Jim PawlickiRe: HDe master to tape problems update
by on Apr 7, 2007 at 4:43:02 pm

Thanks to Floh and Scott for their answers.
I did have SD selected Floh. So that is not the problem.
Concerning permissions Scott all looks okay when I checked info for the files. Only thing I see different is that the files from 8.2.3 say "open with quicktime player". Should these say "Media 100 11"?
Being a M100 user since version 3 I never dreamnt there would be problems bringing a recent 8.2.3 project into the new HDe system.
Anything I digitize (acquire) in a new project works fine. I guess I will jusve to redig (acquire) everything once again.
Peace.

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: HDe master to tape problems update
by on Apr 7, 2007 at 8:20:36 pm

Could you be more specific about the exact error you're getting (there is no "cannot print" error message because M100 calls it "master") and when you're getting it. Is there something in your program that has to be rendered first? Try a force-render-all. Maybe you have a bad graphic or title somewhere. Can you play the entire program?

Return to posts index

by on Apr 7, 2007 at 8:38:36 pm

Yes the word "print" is wrong and should be master.
Timeline plays fine. All was force rendered and no problems found.
Just when "master to tape" or even "exporting out from edit suite" I get the "parameter" message.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: HDe master to tape problems update
by on Apr 7, 2007 at 9:35:18 pm

[Jim Pawlicki] "Yes the word "print" is wrong and should be master.
Timeline plays fine. All was force rendered and no problems found.
Just when "master to tape" or even "exporting out from edit suite" I get the "parameter" message."

Jim,

you really should pay attention to comments and questions from SoftHarbor, since he knows more about the systems than most of us guys here. So please tell us what the exact error message is when you try to master to tape.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 7, 2007 at 11:45:03 pm

The message I am getting is the following.....
"Could not complete the 'Master to Tape...' command because there is a parameter error."
As suggested I force rendered and even deleted graphics. Did just the first two minutes of the show. Yet I still got that message.
I truly appreciate everyone's help.
By the way Floh...do you have anything to do with the upcoming World Youth Day Conference to be held in Cologne this summer? I was just wondering because I may want to contact you about obtaining some footage from that event.
Take care and I hope you are warmer than us here on the cold and sleeting Mississippi Gulf Coast.

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: HDe master to tape problems update
by on Apr 8, 2007 at 1:48:39 pm

Ok, if it's not graphics, maybe it's another kind of clip. Got any color clips or black clips? Try removing them. Since you said export also has the problem, it's probably not a Leaders & Trailers issue.

The only other kinds of clips I can think of are still images imported as video, and transitions. Obviously it's hard to remove all your transitions if you have them, but maybe you have a couple of unusual DVEs?

You could try exporting a smaller chunk of the program. If you can successfully export even a one second range, then gradually expand it until the export fails. Then see what is different about the last range.

One other idea is that somehow it's the program itself. Maybe you could copy the clips inside the program and paste them into a new program?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]