MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Flow and COW... need your help...HD issue...

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
editology
Flow and COW... need your help...HD issue...
on Apr 2, 2007 at 5:14:00 pm

I just rented a Sony HDW F500 to dig footage into m100 HD 10.1.4 via HD-SDI at 1920x1080i. 29.97. I can not get the m100 to recognize the video signal isolated. Is there something that I'm missing? Are they compatible components?

I've adjusted the vid in on m100 for HD, thru HDsdi at 1920 x 1080. Turned off the audio inputs in the dig window. And all I get is dark grey blinking on black.

Any help is superly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Flow and COW... need your help...HD issue...
by
on Apr 2, 2007 at 5:21:01 pm

[editology] "I've adjusted the vid in on m100 for HD, thru HDsdi at 1920 x 1080. Turned off the audio inputs in the dig window. And all I get is dark grey blinking on black. "

Stupid questions first: If you own a HDx system, do you use the HD-SDI input? There are 2 inputs on the BOB, one for SD-SDI and one for HD-SDI. And have you tried a different BNC-Cable? We have had some troubles with cables that were okay for SDI but showed problems wwhen used for HD-SDI.

Return to posts index

editology
on Apr 2, 2007 at 5:29:37 pm

Yes. HDsdi. Yes. tried 3 different make of bnc cables. Are there bnc's for HD?

Thanks for working this out with me.

Ron

Return to posts index

editology
on Apr 2, 2007 at 5:37:39 pm

Also as a test, I ran a sdi cable from the deck's SD-SDI conv. out to SD SDI in on m100hd and I can see the signal fine. Now even though it's recording it 1080i, the quality is significantly less right?

thanks again.
Ron

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Apr 2, 2007 at 5:45:38 pm

I would carefully disconnect your BOB->Computer connection cable and look at the Pins there. On the outer edges there are the SDI I/O pins. Are they all okay and not bent?
We don

Return to posts index

editology
on Apr 2, 2007 at 6:06:34 pm

I specs for the deck are HD sdi (SDI 1.485 Gbps -conforms t SMPTE 292M/BTA-S004B) . There is nothing in the manual that says anything about dual link. And yes the tape being dig'd is 29.97.

The pins are not bent. Also confirm that not all pins are present for the full connection.... a portion to the right of the connector are empty.

Do I go out to buy another bnc cable? Searching on the internet markertek has RG59 bnc cables.... are there standards between bnc cables?

thanks again for your help.

Ron

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Apr 2, 2007 at 6:12:05 pm

Try running the hardware test for your Media 100 system. I don

Return to posts index

editology
on Apr 2, 2007 at 6:16:47 pm

I just ran a HDsdi test into a Kona LHe with final cut and the signal is coming in fine, so I think the deck/cable are ok. And just ran the m100 test and the test passed. I would like to use m100 for it's ease of use and compression....

Let me know your thoughts.
Ron

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on Apr 2, 2007 at 7:36:14 pm

Hi Ron and Floh,

Ron, am I right in saying that you are trying to capture video only ? Do you have any audio connection between the deck and the Media 100 (AES etc) and what is the audio set to in the preferences? I ask because I know there are issues when you try to digitise SDI video if the audio inputs are set to AES but there's no feed attached, or if you try to digitise SDI video but analogue audio (I think that right - Floh?)

Anyway - have a check of the audio settings, it's worth a shot.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Apr 2, 2007 at 7:45:27 pm

[Kieran Matthew] " I ask because I know there are issues when you try to digitise SDI video if the audio inputs are set to AES but there's no feed attached, or if you try to digitise SDI video but analogue audio (I think that right - Floh?) "

If the audio inputs are turned on but there is no digital signal you can get into trouble (there is no analog audio in on HDx). Is the box next to the V-toggle in the acquire window yellow? If yes, the system for some reason does not detect a valid video signal.

Return to posts index

editology
on Apr 2, 2007 at 7:54:07 pm

Yes there is a yellow signal to the left of the V check box in acquire window..... there are grey boxes to the left of audio...

All that I have hooked up is... HD-sdi out of deck going into the HDsdi of the m100.

thanks for your assistance with this.
ron

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Apr 2, 2007 at 8:04:00 pm

[editology] "The pins are not bent. Also confirm that not all pins are present for the full connection.... a portion to the right of the connector are empty."

That

Return to posts index

editology
on Apr 2, 2007 at 8:21:25 pm

yes they are ok.

Return to posts index

Juanjo Mora
on Apr 2, 2007 at 9:42:12 pm

Hi guys.

Just an idea. When I digitize in HDX and the checkboxes for the audio channels are checked but there's no audio signal present, he yellow warning light will turn on and a gray screen is all you can see in the video input.

When you uncheck the audio boxes and turn the deck on and off the video signal will appear and you can digitize normally from there.

Hope this helps.

Juanjo

Return to posts index

editology
on Apr 3, 2007 at 1:53:35 pm

Any final thoughts on this.... had to return deck back until next week so I'm short on tests...

Has anyone out there in cowland connect a adw-f500 dvcam deck to m100hd 10.1.4? If it's worked in the past, then I have something wrong with my board.

thanks for your help.
Ron

Return to posts index

David C.
on Apr 3, 2007 at 2:06:01 pm

Ron,

We tested this deck when Optibase owned the company. I know it worked then and nothing in engineering should have changed to make it not work. We offer pay per day technical support if you get stuck again, honestly, if I knew the answer to this I would have posted it, but I am stuck on this one also.

Dave

Return to posts index

Editology
on Apr 3, 2007 at 2:09:54 pm

Thanks.... I appreciate your help.

Ron

Return to posts index

Editology
on Apr 3, 2007 at 2:51:36 pm

Flow,
After further inspection... it seems that you were right on... the upper two pins were bent!
I've bent them back successfully and it seems I'm back in business. I've sent an HDsdi signal from FCP and it is reading it well. Thanks for all of your help, everybody.

Ron

Return to posts index

Jim Calahan
on Apr 16, 2007 at 12:10:45 pm

Something else to look for on that deck is that it might be set to 24 frame and there''s a paper clip involved in changing it over to 29.97. Waisted half a day with that one on our first HD edit.

Jim Calahan
KVIE, Sacramento

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]