MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Aja IO and Producer

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Shepard
Aja IO and Producer
on Mar 30, 2007 at 3:32:28 pm

Is the AJA IO device compatible with Media 100 Producer? I assume it is but I thought I would get some opinions. And would you have machine control (say with a beta sp deck)? Or is there a lower cost i/o device that anyone recommends?

Also I may have an opportunity to purchase at low cost a used Kona card. If I installed that in a powermac would I be able to use it running Producer or would I still need a version of HDe?

Thanks in advance.

Jack

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Aja IO and Producer
by
on Mar 30, 2007 at 3:38:51 pm

[Jack Shepard] "Is the AJA IO device compatible with Media 100 Producer? I assume it is but I thought I would get some opinions"

My "opinion" is no. The I/O does not use DV-based codecs over FireWire but converts incoming signals into an Uncompressed-over-FireWire signal which is not supported by Media 100 (or anything else except FCP). Avid does something similar with its Mojo and Adrenaline systems.

[Jack Shepard] "And would you have machine control (say with a beta sp deck)?"

As long as you can use a Keyspan USB to RS422 adapter on the system you can control a beta deck with Producer.

[Jack Shepard] "Also I may have an opportunity to purchase at low cost a used Kona card. If I installed that in a powermac would I be able to use it running Producer or would I still need a version of HDe?"

Producer does only use FireWire I/O. So if you want to use a Kona card you need the matching (SDe, HDe or HD suite) software, which is locked to the board. You can buy the license for your board from Media 100.

Return to posts index

Jack Shepard
on Mar 30, 2007 at 4:03:34 pm

Thanks a lot for the info Floh.
Cheers,
Jack

Return to posts index

Arthur Dent
on Mar 30, 2007 at 6:48:51 pm

Canopus makes some decent analog to firewire converters. I have some experince with that AVDC-110 model, that only does S-Video tho, but they do make a model that does component.

Stay away from the ADS "Pyro" converter, i've not heard good things about that one.

I think m100 is offering a verion of software that will work with the AJA boards if you already own one, but it's not producer. I'd give them a buzz and ask what's available.

A.D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]