MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Still problems going from Media100Hde to DVD

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg
Still problems going from Media100Hde to DVD
by
on Mar 29, 2007 at 9:59:07 pm

I'm still unhappy with exporting my HDe program for final output in DVD studio Pro. The biggest issues are fades from and to black clips. Theyy look find in the media 100 timeline, but when exporting by reference to quicktime, they are not smooth. Of couse bitvice to DVD SP idoesn't fix anything. (garbage in...garbage out).

I'm using the Media 100i codec uncompressed. Editing to and from Beta SP analog component.

Whe I just record my program to Beta SP then redigitize it off of the master, and export it, it looks great, except for minor dropouts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Greg

Return to posts index

Arthur Dent
Re: Still problems going from Media100Hde to DVD
on Mar 30, 2007 at 1:48:53 pm

OK Greg, here's a WILD stab in the dark:

Try creating a Black Clip (of what ever length you need, I'd do 20 - 30 seconds so I have enough) and force rendering it (so it creates a media file).

find that rendered media file and add it to a bin (you'll need to located it on your drives and just drag and drop into a bin)

Replace the black clips on your time line with this new 'rendered black' clip and see if that helps.

I don't know that it WILL fix this for you, but it's worth a try...

(it could also be that the MPEG 2 compression does not like desolves - this is a VERY difficult transition type for MPEG 2 to handle)

HTH
A.D.

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Mar 30, 2007 at 3:12:57 pm

Thanks Arthur, I'll give that a try. All other dissolves work perfectly...Just these fades from black.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Mar 30, 2007 at 3:31:03 pm

[Greg] "I'm using the Media 100i codec uncompressed. Editing to and from Beta SP analog component."

Are you using the Media 100 i codec (which is not uncompressed) or the Media 100 HD codec? You should make sure that your Render and Acquire codec are the same when going to DVD, to make sure that they have the same colorspace when being accessed via QuickTime.

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Mar 30, 2007 at 10:02:43 pm

Floh...I'm rendering and aquiring via Media 100i lossless. Wouldn't that make them the same? Woul exporting by reference cause a problem? How can I make sure they are in the same color space for quicktime?

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Mar 30, 2007 at 10:08:02 pm

[Greg] "Floh...I'm rendering and aquiring via Media 100i lossless. Wouldn't that make them the same? "

Media 100 lossless is a good choice (not uncompressed, but lossless), although it is more CPU-intense than e.g. DV or uncompressed codecs. Just make sure that both the Acquire and the Render settings are set to the same codec. There should be no difference between exporting by ref or self contained.
Can you describe (or maybe post a short sample on a server somewhere) how your problem looks?

Return to posts index

jaesonk
on Mar 30, 2007 at 6:32:24 pm

Instead of using BY REFERENCE, how about SELF-CONTAINED, assuming you have enough drive space.

Jaeson K.

Return to posts index

CleverMoniker
on Apr 2, 2007 at 5:55:22 pm

Greg,

Here are a couple of more complicated ideas spawned by Arthur's suggestion.

1 - Try creating a black image in PhotoShop and importing that in. Maybe there's something wonky about M100's "synthetic" black.
2 - Try shooting some video with the lens cap on and acquiring that.

fhgwgads

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]