MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100 V11.5 freezing please help!

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tankboyM100 V11.5 freezing please help!
by on Mar 29, 2007 at 8:52:29 am

Hi Ya's

I'm experiencing a frustrating issue. I'm currently inputing DVCAM tapes via the Kona card, component 8-bit uncompressed SD. But every 10mins or so the machine keeps freezing. No error codes, just won't respond. Although I regularly get the "frames don't match the amount expected (or whatever it says) type warning. But I've had those for ages and it hasn't seemed to make a difference. So I think(?) tha unrelated. The freezing problem seems to be getting worse and what's the real piss off is that I lose the last few clips I aquired so I have to do them again bacause I have to force quit the program to boot it up again.

I'm running a G5 Quad with stacks of ram. M100 (V11.5). OSX 11.5. Using Lacie Firewire 800 for storage at the moment (hmm, could this be the problem?).

Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Arrrgh!

Return to posts index

FlohRe: M100 V11.5 freezing please help!
by on Mar 29, 2007 at 8:57:20 am

It sounds like your HDs may be too slow, or you have another problem with your HDs. I would suggest trying to acquire a longer clip in e.g. Media 100 i codec at 360k or DVCPro50 to see if you still get the problems. Plus, you should check your HDs e.g. with DiskUtility to see if there

Return to posts index

tankboyRe: M100 V11.5 freezing please help!
by on Mar 29, 2007 at 9:02:34 am

Man that was fast!!
Cheers for that Floh. I'll check that out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved