MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

accessing ancient media100 project

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marguuaccessing ancient media100 project
by on Mar 29, 2007 at 2:29:42 am

I'm not sure if I can even explain this correctly. I edited a documentary in 1999 on a media100 which was purchased in 1998 (I can't even remember which version). We never finished it, so I transferred the media files (and project icon) to a western digital hard drive for storage. Now I need to finish the project. I've transferred the project icon and all the media files into my current system running media100 V8.2.3. No problem with the media files, but when I try to open or import the project the project is "offline". I'm missing something here. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Lynne

Return to posts index

FlohRe: accessing ancient media100 project
by on Mar 29, 2007 at 8:58:40 am

What is offline? The project? The Media files? The programs/bins? You should have a Project file, some timeline/program files, some Bin files and the according media files...

Return to posts index

Arthur DentRe: accessing ancient media100 project
by on Mar 29, 2007 at 2:03:15 pm

Lynne,

did you archive only the Project file, or did you also archive your programs and bins?

Media 100 treats projects, bins and programs as separate entities, and archiving only a project will NOT archive the Programs and Bins.

So I suspect when you open the project, your programs and Bins are showing as offline. You need to track down those files (programs and bins), hopefully you still have them!

Hope this helps
A.D.

Return to posts index

marguuRe: accessing ancient media100 project
by on Mar 30, 2007 at 3:36:19 am

Oy. Right now I only have the project file. I know that I backed up the timeline and program files, so hopefully I can find them. I thought they were with the media......I don't care so much about the bins, because I just need to up-res the piece. I'm getting out the old zip disks now.......fingers crossed........

Lynne

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]