MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

How protect media in a bin from being deleted along with the rest of the project?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome RobbinsHow protect media in a bin from being deleted along with the rest of the project?
by on Mar 10, 2007 at 5:32:52 pm

Mac G4 dual 1.44 Media 100iXR 8.2.2 Boris Red 2.5 Photoshop CS

I have a few bins that have titles I have created and re-use for different projects. When I am deleting a project I do a media search for used media in the project. I delete the clips and media from the project but, I leave the titles that I want to keep for future use in the bin. I guess I am not being consistent in what I am doing as sometimes these titles get deleted anyway.

How can I protect a special bin that is used in a project from being deleted along with the other clips?

thanks,

jerome

Return to posts index

topher944Re: How protect media in a bin from being deleted along with the rest of the project?
by on Mar 11, 2007 at 3:51:55 am

Hey Jerome, I use almost you're exact setup. I've found it handy to go to each bin that is not a "keeper" then select all - go to "edit" hold down the option key and "clear clip" becomes "delete media". This will save the clips but delete the media. I've found that the "find media" doesn't always do what you ask it to. This way you are sure you've deleted just what you wanted to by looking in each bin for that coveted title or graphic you've spent hours building. You can rebuild from your timeline or your bins if you need to bring the project back in the future. It's extra steps but it will save you. I hope this helps. Kind Regards, Chris K.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]