MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

100% Reverse not so hot

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin100% Reverse not so hot
by on Mar 9, 2007 at 10:30:36 pm

On the 7i version of M100 I could always take a scene and render it in reverse and get great video -- essentially un-distinguishable from the original. Now with 11.5.1 when I do this I get very jittery and artifacted video. This happens with "Smooth Motion" both checked and un-checked. (BTW - I'm working in SD, not HD.) What, pray tell, am I doing wrong? Or is this simply something which no longer works as well as it once did?

For what it's worth guys, I loved Producer so much that I've completely gone back to Media 100 and upgraded to the Hardware-based Media 100 HD. It's sooo much faster and easier than FCP. Just cut three shows in a row with it and know that it would have taken considerably longer in FCP. Even with the above glitch I'm back to being a true believer.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: 100% Reverse not so hot
by on Mar 10, 2007 at 8:42:16 am

great to hear that you

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: 100% Reverse not so hot
by on Mar 10, 2007 at 1:16:33 pm

Not only the reverse! I am finding any speed change with 11.5.1 is not as good as it used to be. It is particularly bad when dealing with conformed SD from HD.

Return to posts index

AjmetzRe: 100% Reverse not so hot
by on Mar 10, 2007 at 2:41:54 pm

Lucky me, with version 7.5

Hope by the time I upgrade, they will have sorted this stuff out.

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: 100% Reverse not so hot
by on Mar 10, 2007 at 3:49:43 pm

Fortunately I only use the 100% reverse occassionally. Mostly I've gotten into the habit on a shoot of taking difficult shots like zooming into a subject while panning to a specific point and doing the far simpler opposite move. Run it in reverse and viola! I'm a much better cameraman.

Oh well. Without the ability to have it look good in Media 100 it's just one more thing to pop-over to AE to accomplish.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved