MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
EagleOneMedia 100
by on Mar 6, 2007 at 5:30:41 am

I just bought a Mac G-4 that has Media 100 8.2.2 - I've been able to load video and edit but when I play it out it seems that there's a key code missing. Can somebody help me?

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Media 100
by on Mar 6, 2007 at 7:51:05 am

What kind of problem are you seeing? If you can run V8.2.2 you should have the latest encryption key installed, otherwise the application would not start at all.

Return to posts index

EagleOneRe: Media 100
by on Mar 6, 2007 at 8:00:34 pm

I'm seeing video at the top half of the picture and black in the lower half, all black and white - Composite out. No video thru the S out and I can't access the DV out.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 6, 2007 at 8:30:01 pm

Did you run the hardware test application?

Return to posts index

by on Mar 6, 2007 at 11:06:40 pm

The hardware test passed

Return to posts index

by on Mar 6, 2007 at 8:30:01 pm

Did you run the hardware test application?

Return to posts index

AjmetzRe: Media 100
by on Mar 6, 2007 at 11:45:15 pm

Don't want to patronise, but are the hardware settings correct? Edit>>Preferences>>Hardware.
Not trying to play NTSC on a PAL monitor or vice versa are you?
Is the resolution correct?

I'm not too much of a pro user, still on version 7.5, so dunno what else to suggest, aside from testing it with different TVs, checking the wires and connections, or perhaps it being a faulty junction box (am assuming it plays back okay in the monitor window on your mac).

Return to posts index

by on Mar 7, 2007 at 12:09:32 am

I'm fairly certain the preferences are correct. I was wondering if there was some hidden menu that I didn't know about that maybe wasn't properly set. It's probably the junction box or a faulty connector. Did Media 100 make a tryout version so you could test the program and not be able to print to video? It does play back on the Mac window. I can do everything but record it to tape.

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Media 100
by on Mar 7, 2007 at 4:36:46 am

Hi there,

Could you give us some more info on your set up?

Firstly are you PAL or NTSC? How are you monitoring the outputs, (monitor, deck etc)? Are you using a junction box or a Medusa cable (loads of cables from a single connector)?

You mention that you can't access the DV output. Media 100's only output to the firewire port on the card, and only when mastering, and then only if you tell them to. To test this try mastering to tape with the machine control set to none, and with the DV checkbox on the master to tape window on. This should enable that output.

K

Return to posts index

by on Mar 7, 2007 at 6:48:52 am

Firstly are you PAL or NTSC? NTSC

How are you monitoring the outputs, (monitor, deck etc)? Are you using a junction box or a Medusa cable (loads of cables from a single connector)?

Media 100 Junction Box?

You mention that you can't access the DV output. "I can't access the DV input either."

Media 100's only output to the firewire port on the card, and only when mastering, and then only if you tell them to. "I can't select DV because the selection DV won't light up."

To test this try mastering to tape with the machine control set to none, and with the DV checkbox on the master to tape window on. "I've tried this but the DV selection will not allow me to select it."

Oscar

Return to posts index

David C.Re: Media 100
by on Mar 7, 2007 at 5:07:48 pm

What system do you have LE?, XR? Sounds like you have a LE.

Dave

Return to posts index

by on Mar 7, 2007 at 7:50:00 pm

Yes, I think it's LE... What does that mean?

Return to posts index

jeremyRRe: Media 100
by on Mar 8, 2007 at 12:05:01 am

Our LE machine will not let us use the DV option because we did not pay for that option when we bought it. I think they leave it there just to tease you!

Return to posts index

by on Mar 8, 2007 at 12:21:19 am

Depends what board you've got, and then if you have a DV daughterboard plugged into it.

I used to have a Media100 Vincent card.
DV was greyed out.
Then I went on ebay and bought a Media100 P6000, which had an extension slot for a DV Option to be added,
so I went on ebay again and bought a Sony DVB1 or whatever its called, and plugged it into the P6000. Emailed Media100 for a correct license key to get my Media100 to work with the P6000[license key I had before was for the Vincent], and hey presto, DV suddenly not greyed out, but alive and working.

But, look, this doesn't really solve your problem.
Try testing your system with a different break out box. They crop up on ebay for around

Return to posts index

by on Mar 8, 2007 at 12:38:41 am

Couple of points I missed:

The LE versions I don't think used the DV option. You'd need to upgrade to XS or XR.

Try testing with different wires and different TVs or VCRs, before forking out for a new BOB.
And try all the different hardware settings, just to be sure.

Bruce hasn't updated his website for a year. =P

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Media 100
by on Mar 8, 2007 at 12:54:59 am

Ajmetz,

Me and my LE/DV beg to differ!

Of course you still have to have a DV option installed, which it sounds like Oscar's hasn't. The board still has the port even without the daughter card, that might be causing the confusion.

But I agree with you, it sounds like Oscar's problems are related to the signal output and how he's monitoring it rather than a hardware problem caused by the BOB.

Oscar - how is your input/output wired up, what devices are in the chain (deck, monitor) etc?

K

Return to posts index

David C.Re: Media 100
by on Mar 8, 2007 at 3:40:45 pm

I asked about the version because of the DV option. Depending on when your board was purchased or the key you have you have different options available. You should be able to launch the application and see what options are available. LE's didn't ship with a BOB, you can still use one but it didn't ship with it. Anyway, it sounds like you have a broken board. The S-Video and Composite signal are processed through the same circuitry on the board and you are reporting that both are not working. It's possible that it is the BOB, but my best guess is the board.

Dave

Return to posts index

by on Mar 8, 2007 at 5:57:30 pm

Sorry everyone - I have Media 100 i/xs... How does that change things?
Oscar

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]