MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100 QuickTime to AVID

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Andreassen
M100 QuickTime to AVID
on Feb 28, 2007 at 9:23:18 am

Hi
I have a customer who now has bought an AVID express to start editing themselves, and now wants all the films we have produced for them over the years so they can make changes to the films themselves.
I have made QuickTime files (Apple Video) of the M100 reference files, and filled up an external Firewire disk. But now they claim to have problems importing the files to AVID. I thought AVID accepted any QuickTime file, and especially the standard Apple video codec.
Do I need a different codek, or do they need a transcoder of any kind?

Hope you can help me.

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: M100 QuickTime to AVID
by
on Feb 28, 2007 at 9:39:45 am

Do they use Avid on PC or Mac? There may be some cross-platform (Mac to PC) QuickTime problems, although I am not sure about it. I think Avids should take QuickTimes and transcode them into their own codec.

Return to posts index

Morten Andreassen
on Feb 28, 2007 at 9:47:17 am

The Avids are on PC. I

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Feb 28, 2007 at 10:02:08 am

If you have some time (or if you get paid for this) you could download the Avid codecs from their website, and transcode into the Avid codec. I would suggest doing a short test first before you spend the time on transcoding everything.

Return to posts index

John Twigt
on Feb 28, 2007 at 10:53:47 am

Might not be the response you're waiting for, but I would think twice before doing all this work for a client who's planning on re-editing the films you have produced for them. I mean, don't you feel a little uncomfortable about the client wanting to do your work? I certainly would ask to be compensated for your work (and for your rights on these productions for that matter) .

If you feel that it is no business of mine, i do apologize.

John Twigt
Workstation BV, Amsterdam
The Netherlands
http://www.workstation.nl

Return to posts index

Morten Andreassen
on Feb 28, 2007 at 12:19:46 pm

I know it sounds wrong to do this, and we

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved