MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

interlace problem: re-importing exported footage

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Jenkinsinterlace problem: re-importing exported footage
by on Feb 20, 2007 at 10:41:13 pm

Hello again everyone,

I've put together a showreel for a client, and used clips that I had cut together earlier on in the year. These clips were made in Media100i and exported by reference.
Now when I import them into my new project and program, I run into interlace problems. The imported clips are being mixed in with newly digitized footage which looks fine, but imported clips have visible interlace lines and are very shakey. There are parts where the strobe effect had been applied and motion becomes extremely jagged (not how the effect is supposed to look) even playing back from various monitors.

Just taking a guess at it... have the field orders been reversed? Would this mean I'm getting half a frame earlier than the next, so this would create my interlace lines and jagged motion? I can't see any options in the export or import process that would have caused this or would fix it. Any quick solutions?

Return to posts index

Danny JenkinsRe: interlace problem: re-importing exported footage
by on Feb 20, 2007 at 11:05:19 pm

One more thing to add...

The original clips I have imported were made at a quality setting of 360kb/frame, and my new project I'm putting them in is at 180kb/frame.

Would this be causing a problem?

Return to posts index

FlohRe: interlace problem: re-importing exported footage
by on Feb 21, 2007 at 7:29:47 am

[Danny Jenkins] "The original clips I have imported were made at a quality setting of 360kb/frame, and my new project I'm putting them in is at 180kb/frame. Would this be causing a problem?"

No.

The only thing I can think of quickly which could cause this is different "resolutions". Say your initial project was in 640*480 and your new project is in 720*486. Then importing 640 material into a 720 project *could* cause reverted fields, but since I don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]