MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

The TRUTH about Producer, the ONE POINT FIVE star program.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Wigler
The TRUTH about Producer, the ONE POINT FIVE star program.
on Feb 13, 2007 at 3:35:21 am

I'm on my third major project using Producer and I COMPLETELY REGRET buying this absurdly not ready for prime time software.
1: PROBLEMS DIGITIZING
At the end of each reel, Producer continues to display "Acquiring..." and if you don't press stop soon enough, the system locks-up.
2: HUGE PROBLEMS EXPORTING
Producer cannot export any portion of the timeline in slow motion. I always export each scene for final color correction and effects in After Effects and Producer either screwed up the slow motion and/or dropped it out entirely.
Producer cannot export color FX even though you rendered it.
3: Producer starts to render color FX when you start to master.

PRODUCER STINKS!

I am a LONG TIME Media 100 user and I can't believe I allowed them to screw me over again.

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: The TRUTH about Producer, the ONE POINT FIVE star program.
by
on Feb 13, 2007 at 9:32:39 am

[Jim Wigler] "1: PROBLEMS DIGITIZING
At the end of each reel, Producer continues to display "Acquiring..." and if you don't press stop soon enough, the system locks-up."

This could be related to slow drives or recording conflicts. We only have seen something similar when we had problems with the Media drive, e.g. it was nearly full.

[Jim Wigler] "3: Producer starts to render color FX when you start to master."

You can turn this off if you want to. There is a setting under "Titles & Effects" saying "Render All before Mastering". If you turn that off the system will not render all before Mastering.

Return to posts index

David C.
on Feb 13, 2007 at 4:53:43 pm

Jim,

Your comments are certainly not consistent with what we have been hearing from other customers regarding Media 100 Producer. We've sold literally hundreds and hundreds of Producer and feedback has been very positive. Now, I'm not saying that you are not having issues and that customers have not reported issues with Producer (like ALL other software), but for you to post that we "screwed" you is unfair and very inconsistent with the way BorisFX has tried to approach past and future Media 100 customers. Simply put, our past customers are our best future customers and we will do anything to make sure they are happy. But for you to complain like this is unhelpful to you as a customer and to a small company that is trying to sell solutions that help people do their work and make money with their business. If you are seeking help on this forum that's great, there are plenty of people that can help you with your issues, you can also call us for support, contact me directly and I will give you a number so you can extend your free support period. But please refrain from posting inflammatory remarks like this, it really helps nobody. You've posted 3 problems here and Floh has given you 2 solutions that may help. If you

Return to posts index

David Issko
on Feb 14, 2007 at 1:33:36 am

[Jim Wigler] "I am a LONG TIME Media 100 user and I can't believe I allowed them to screw me over again."

I am a 12 year veteran of Media 100, albeit in SD for now. I have NEVER felt that I have been screwed over by Media 100 at any time during my ownership. In fact, I'm so glad I chose it over Avid. I use it on an almost daily basis with great results.

I am so sorry you are having problems but there must be a solution to each of them. Perhaps you should take a step back and try to address each issue carefully.

What is your entire setup - computer, RAM, HDD, etc?

As Floh mentioned, check your preferences settings. Lots to choose from as you know. What format of video are you trying to acquire and are you attempting to transcode it (if that is possible in Producer - not sure. Trash preferences and try again. Run Disk Utility. Do you run Producer with other open programs?

Retrace your steps. Does this happen to every project or is it confined to this one? Bad media?

Yes, you have a bit of a challenge ahead to sort out those issues and I hope you find that Media 100 is NOT the culprit.

All the best
David

Return to posts index

topher944
on Feb 14, 2007 at 3:42:10 am

Hey Jim, I'm sorry about all the frustration. I've been close to where you are now, but it always ended up being something I had done. I wish I could offer some clues but I'm still on the 100i. So for now, maybe a cup of hot tea and ... "Once more, into the breach, dear friends!" Best of Luck! Kind Regards, Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]