MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

export from edit suite

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mhanishexport from edit suite
by on Feb 10, 2007 at 11:27:19 pm

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has seen/experienced this: in Media100 HD, exporting from the edit suite, either a clip or sequence, as soon as I select that menu item, the application disappears. No quit notice, nothing, just gone. All other functions seem fine.
This on a dual g5, 4.5 GB RAM, M100 HD Suite 11.5, OS 10.4.8, QT 7.1.3. Looking for a crash report at present. I updated the OS about 2 weeks ago, no problems before them, this is the first thing I've had to do since then.
Thoughts, suggestions??
and thanks in advance,
Michael Hanish

Return to posts index

FlohRe: export from edit suite
by on Feb 11, 2007 at 10:29:54 am

Have you installed any "unusual" QuickTime Codecs? Have a look into your Library->Quicktime folder, maybe you see something suspicious there. Plus, if you are running V11.5 you should upgrade to 11.5.1

Return to posts index

mhanishRe: export from edit suite
by on Feb 11, 2007 at 12:41:36 pm

Floh,

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.
Nothing strange in my QT folder, and anything didn't totally recognize, I've moved, restarted, dumped Prefs, run Disk Warrior, swung the chicken,. etc. And all is still the same, selecting Export from Edit Suite makes the M100 HD app vanish.
Took your advice and upgraded to 11.5.1. Still the same result when trying to export.
My work around for the current tasks/project is to Export XML to After Effects, which works just fine.
Strange, huh?
Again, thanks for your suggestions, and I'm quite open for anything more.
best,

Michaeal

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: export from edit suite
by on Feb 11, 2007 at 1:42:09 pm

Try trashing this file in your ~/Library/Preferences folder: com.Media100.Media100HD.plist

If that doesn't work, you could try trashing all your Media100 preferences, but that specific file has been the culprit in similar cases.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 12, 2007 at 1:07:33 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that, trashing first the user prefs file then all of them, but the result is the same.
I'll keep trying things and let you know, but for now I remain open to suggestions.

best,
Michael

Return to posts index

FlohRe: export from edit suite
by on Feb 12, 2007 at 5:39:04 pm

If deleting the prefs did not work I would suggest starting to remove QuickTime components from Library->QuickTime and YourHomeFolder->Library->QuickTime. I still think that there is something in these folders that causes your problems

Return to posts index

Mike LRe: export from edit suite
by on Feb 13, 2007 at 2:40:49 am

A quick question: have you used Compressor, or DVD Studio (especially the encoder function) lately?

I've had very strange issues with files created from Compressor or encoded with DVD Studio that are corrupt and cause the Finder to just vanish. This only happens when the "View" setting is on "list", not on "icon" or "columns", or sometimes when I export or save using certain applications.

Have you tried exporting to a different hard drive than the one that seems to crash on export? Maybe this will help, or at least provide another clue.

HTH

Mike L

Return to posts index

by on Feb 13, 2007 at 7:12:48 pm

Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion. I just use BitVice for encoding, but have been doing some DVDSP work lately. I haven't experienced anything like what you describe, but it's something to keep in mind. For me, what happens is that as soon as I hit the menu item "Export from Edit Suite," Media100 just pain vanishes. No complaints, no nasty words, just gone.
I'll be following Floh's suggestion and removing items from Library/QuickTime to try to pinpoint something.
best,
Michael

Return to posts index

by on Feb 13, 2007 at 7:07:09 pm

Thanks Floh, I will continue moving stuff out 1 by 1 and see what happens. My gut feeling is that you're right, but troubleshooting time has to take second place to cranking out some work, so it might be a tad slow.
best,
Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]