MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

additional equipment advise

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregadditional equipment advise
by on Feb 7, 2007 at 7:13:47 pm

I have a HDe system I built in my home office . I've got a G5 Quad, an aja card, and mainly edit on/to Beta SP or Mini DV. I use the aja junction box connected to my Beta SP deck.(PVW2800). I have a composite monitor hooked up to the composite out from the beta deck. This is a real pain.

What I'd like to do buy a better monitor to use, with the hope that I can loop through the monitor to the Beta SP Deck. I'm currently looking at a used Sony PVM-20M2U.

Another guy I know is using a Samsung 23" LCD monitor. He has FCP, which I'm also running on this same system. To me it looks nice, but how can you really tell what colors are correct? Also, I can't loop through it.

Anyone have suggestions on a low cost monitor?

Now I also want to be able to add a DVD recorder and a MINI DV deck into my system. I imagine I need to either set up some type of routing system or patch system. What are you folks doing in this situation? On my older Media 100 8.2 system, I had a TecNec One-2 Punch that worked great! I don't see this unit available anymore. Any suggestions on Monitor, and routing? is there a patch panel that would work here? Thanks much.

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: additional equipment advise
by on Feb 8, 2007 at 10:36:58 pm

Hi Greg,

If you can, go for an SDI monitor. Not only is the picture quality better, and less susceptible to interference noise, but it also frees up your component out for your SP machine.

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: additional equipment advise
by on Feb 9, 2007 at 1:24:46 am

In my HD equipment research, I found that a good value for money (not a CHEAP monitor, but by no means costly either) HD monitor is the Panasonic BT-LH2600W 16:9 HD monitor that has all the inputs you would need for comprehensive HD and SD monitoring.

I am seriously considering this monitor to compliment my upgrade to M100 HD Suite. I have heard only good reports about the monitor.

All the best
David Issko

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved