MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Unrecoverable Errors

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MacAttackUnrecoverable Errors
by on Feb 7, 2007 at 1:38:57 pm

I have a Mac G4, Mac OS X, Media 100....8.1..I think. (I'm in no way computer savvy, obviously.) I can't edit a darn thing! I can't digitize, because it tells me "the disk is full", when it has over 6 GB free. I ran all the disk utilities, and nothing came back amiss. I tried digitizing to another disk, and it worked for 15min, and now I can't digitize anywhere. I also can't render anything. I keep getting all sorts of unrecoverable error messages, and can't find media messages, and all other sorts of gobbily gook. I inheirited this monstrosity 4yrs. ago from my predecesor, who may not have been all that computer savvy himself, so he didn't leave me any "help". Warrenty, product support, tech support...all expired. If I get DiskWarrior and run that, will it fix things??? I cannot do my work, and I seriously need help. Please! Please! Please! Respond!!!

Return to posts index

Jim WiglerDisk Warrior - Update - Reinstall
by on Feb 7, 2007 at 3:45:01 pm

Disk Warrior has saved my ass a thousand times with Media 100i. UPDATING IS CHEAP + YOU GET A PERIOD OF FREE TECH SUPPORT! Once everything is "Disk Warriored" & reinstalled after updating, I'll bet everything will be fine!

Return to posts index

MacAttackRe: Disk Warrior - Update - Reinstall
by on Feb 7, 2007 at 4:08:23 pm

Thanks, I'll see if they'll let me get it! Right now I'm trying to find a way to back up my files before I diskwarrior anything...any ideas? It looks like a lot of people are using Mezzo. Isn't there anything already on the Mac I can use? I mean, there's a media 100 back up folder, but I'm not sure if I can rely on it. I appreciate your advice! Thanks very much!

Return to posts index

topher944Re: Unrecoverable Errors
by on Feb 8, 2007 at 4:50:05 am

hey MacAttack, The M100 backup folder only holds backups of the programs and bins - not the digitized media. Also you should only digitize media to a non-program drive. ie All programs on your System Hard Drive and all media on your media drives. You can, if you need to, put music onto your System HD. Do you know what type of media drives you're using. It sounds as if you're just full/or drives are too slow. Your media drives should be 7200 rpm ata or SATA drives. They can be in your G4 or in a raid. Firewire drives other than lacie may not work or playback depending on your quality settings. Hope this helps and good luck! Kind Regards, Chris

Return to posts index

MacAttackRe: Unrecoverable Errors
by on Feb 8, 2007 at 1:01:31 pm

Thanks so much Chris! I don't know about the drives, but I will find out. Thanks for taking the time to give me an answer, you're great!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved