MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Accents in Graffiti going behind capital letters

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Taplin
Accents in Graffiti going behind capital letters
on Jan 31, 2007 at 11:10:49 am

Hi

I'm using some French and German accents in a project and lower-case letters look fine with

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Accents in Graffiti going behind capital letters
on Jan 31, 2007 at 11:25:05 am

I have had trouble in locking letters in a set position in the frame and have been shown how to keep the set position by going to the 'position' tab and setting either 'hold' or 'constant'. I am not certain that this is what you have to do with accents but it sounds the same problem I had with 'floating' titles.

Return to posts index

Andy Taplin
on Jan 31, 2007 at 2:02:46 pm

Thanks

This is actually quite different from a title position problem which as you say involves setting a hold keyframe - this is about the way Graffiti is displaying the accent on upper-case letters ie. behind them.

Interestingly if you press the space bar the accent moves to the correct position and then drops again when you take your finger off the space bar - weird!

Andy

Return to posts index

JonkFX
on Jan 31, 2007 at 5:23:31 pm

Andy,

That's an interesting problem - which exact version of Graffiti are you using? I presume that this problem is visible within Graffiti itself, rather than a problem with rendering or applying back to Media 100? If so is this visible if attempted within the Graffiti stand-alone Keyframer? Are the lower-case letters working fine with the accent marks? If you were to type a line of text, with the accents, say in a text file, does importing them into Graffiti's text window work any better?

- Jon

Return to posts index

Andy Taplin
on Jan 31, 2007 at 6:20:19 pm

Thanks Jon

I'm using Graffiti 2.1

It looks the same in the text and composite windows.

I've been playing around and some fonts look OK like Geneva but most don't including arial and helvetica.

If I import a text file in .rtf format it looks OK in arial but in helvetica the letter below the accent is squashed so the accent is no higher than the surrounding letters!

So I can get round this by choosing the right font but it's annoying nonetheless!

Andy

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Jan 31, 2007 at 6:32:12 pm

I think this is related to an Umlaut problem in Graffiti that was finally fixed in 4.0.2. So I think upgrading to 4.0.3 (or 5) should help. Try downloading the Trial version to see if it fixes your problem.

Return to posts index

Andy Taplin
on Jan 31, 2007 at 6:39:36 pm

Thanks Floh, I probably will upgrade.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]