MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 lock ups

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave SimpsonMedia 100 lock ups
by on Jan 30, 2007 at 8:45:53 pm

Our Media 100i xs version 8.2.3 has generally been behaving quite well until very recently. Now, what ever I try to do just after importing a file seems to cause a lock up. It could be I'm dragging the new clip on to the timeline or just trimming a clip already in the timeline, or just about anything. The only commonality seems to be the problem occurs either right after importing, or it's the first thing I do once the project is open. If I make it past this point then the system seems fine. Kind of a strange one, but I thought perhaps someone else has run into this and could shed some light.

Some other techno facts are;
G4 1.4 GHz
OS X 10.3.9
p6000 board

Return to posts index

Joe RugbyRe: Media 100 lock ups
by on Jan 30, 2007 at 9:48:28 pm

Sounds like a corrupt file.

Often it seems to happen with a newly imported AE file or PSD.

I had one instance a while back where I tried rerendering an ae file multiple times, only to have it cause freezes and green screens in M100. It was finally traced to a corrupt Photoshop file in the AE composition.

Good Luck.

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: Media 100 lock ups
by on Jan 30, 2007 at 11:22:54 pm

Corrupt file like Joe stated or corrupt M100 timeline even. Maybe trash preferences may help. Maybe redigitize footage again if possible or re create footage again if an AE file or similar.

Over the years I have had a few issues like yours. Tends to be corrupt files so a redigitize worked wonders and complete trashing of the offending file as well.

Hope you find the cause quickly

David Issko

Return to posts index

topher944Re: Media 100 lock ups
by on Jan 31, 2007 at 2:42:21 am

I had similar issues when trying to output to self contained movie. Everything had rendered with no freezes. I narrowed it down on the timeline by watching to see when the export would crash. Turned out to be a corrupt audio file that just went bad one day. I redig'd and replaced and it then worked great. Try to methodically isolate the file. It's a pain - I know! The only other thing I can think of is any updates to any software lately? Best of luck! Kind Regards, Chris K.

Return to posts index

Dave SimpsonRe: Media 100 lock ups
by on Jan 31, 2007 at 3:37:58 pm

Hello Joe, David, Chris,

Thanks for the responses. I'm working on a seperate project today and everything seems fine, so you're likely right that I have some kind of corrupted file in the other project. I'll sort it out and perhaps redigitize and rerender in AE.
Thanks again for the input.

All the best

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved