MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Simple little question...render/force-render

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ajmetz
Simple little question...render/force-render
on Jan 18, 2007 at 4:48:40 am

Media100i 7.5 - always wondered - what's the difference between render all and force render?

Return to posts index

nickel
Re: Simple little question...render/force-render
on Jan 18, 2007 at 7:48:38 am

I believe "render all" only renders what's necessary for real time play back, while "force render" does just that - renders all transitions, graphics, etc. regardless of whether it's necessary for real time playback or not.

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Media 100i XS 8.2.2
Dual 1Ghz G4

Return to posts index

Arthur Dent
on Jan 18, 2007 at 2:54:09 pm

you would want to force render when exporting a timeline for something like web-encoding, where otherwise real time static titles, or color corrections, etc. would not need to be rendered when mastering to tape.

A.D.

Return to posts index

topher944
on Jan 18, 2007 at 5:19:57 pm

Anything that's not rendered won't export from the edit suite - therefore the force render! Kind Regards, Chris

Return to posts index

Ajmetz
on Jan 20, 2007 at 12:39:03 am

Nah, I export from the edit suite all the time, and never select force render. I select "Render all" instead.

When I export a program or range, to a self contained or by-reference movie, usually for converting in Cleaner, a dialogue box appears:

"Some items you are about to export need to be rendered. Do you want to continue exporting?"

Followed by two radio buttons:
o Render All
o Force Render All
[CANCEL] [OK]

I've always left the radio button at the default "Render All", and then clicked {OK] but have always wondered what the difference is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]